New green wheel installation

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimma

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I got a Vermeer 252 and just bought thhe new green wheel for it. Taken the old one off was a pain in the butt and I ended up breaking the v band pulley (Sheave) I'll looking for a new or good used sheave (4-3v69) and secondly, are the bearings pressed on. One was so tight I had to cut it off and the new ones aren't going to go on without a little persuation and I don't want to damage them or the shaft. I'm already into this for two grand and going broke. Anyone have any thoughts?

252 bearings

The bearings are not pressed on but it’s not uncommon to have to cut the old ones off depending on the condition there in. The new ones should slide right on.

Last edited:
Thanks

Thanks zxcv, I didn't think so but the news ones are very tight and don't slip on and didn't want to force them. But I'll clean off the shaft and grease it up a bit and use a little more persuation. Thanks.

put your shaft in the freezer over night. It will reduce the diameter of the shaft enough to slide on the bearings, and when it comes back to ambient temperature you will have a nice snug fit shaft to bearing.

Last edited:
Back