New GreenTeeth

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the sandvik wheel as well and am overjoyed with the way it stands up to the rock and other debree. The teeth are fairly expensive from what I used to use but last much much longer which means much less tooth changing and much easier to change. I don't understand the advantage of the multi-tip--if you break one tooth you have to throw three away since they are all on one shank. Just seems like a waste to me. Just my two cents!!!!!

Thanks folks - some very good/interesting info. Perhaps I could have done without knowing about a lower weight set-up for Sandvik cutters, and putting that back in the equation.

Anyway I am going for Green Teeth, in the tested and certain knowledge that it will be a whole lot better than the multi-tips I've got.
With more hp and/or cleaner sites I would be more hesitant. Under powered on large stumps demands new or fully sharp cutters for the top bit. Which commits me to changing cutters around and sharpening.

Over-the-moon with this semi-automatic sharpening system for Green Teeth. I am going to need a new hobby!

Cost of course comes into it, I've already got a full starter kit of Green Teeth components, just needing a fairly simple wheel made up to get the weight down.

I'll be starting the clock again soon on engine hours and destroyed cutters and will keep you posted.

[The multi-tip system has some merits; everything up to the cutter tips is solid and well designed. Out of 400 used to death cutters only 3 have been because a whole cutter tip has broken off as opposed to shattering or knocking off the carbide. Pockets/keepers do not wear, being protected by the cutter unit. It cuts very well having a slightly more agressive cutting angle than the Rayco. In clean soil conditions (ie wear not breakage), it would make a very good option for those with a low interest in resharpening and general involvement with cutters.]

4 A sections? its a nice snug fit - Thanks, I will look again when the guard is off. 3 belts good; 4 belts better.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back