new member here.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome to A.S. schreib69. Glad to have you aboard.
Batty and Socks are a handsome pair of security guards !!! Great companions.
Thanks Den!
Batty is patting the window down begging me to come out and play. . . gotta' go.

Sweet, congrats.
That 462 is gonna blow you away with how light it is for a 70cc saw.

Sorry about the trouble with the 362. I wouldn't be too concerned, if it was running fine the last time you ran it, it's probably a fuel issue.
Is your 362 a standard carb or the mtronic version, and what yr(it should say the DOM on the rear handle/tank assembly.
Be sure you do not use starting fluid only pre-mixed fuel, starting fluid will wash the oil off the internal parts.
Do you have spark?
Is trufuel what you normally run, if not, you've added another variable. What do you mean it stopped the engine?
Put a little mix into a small container and dump it into the saw and see what happens.
I fixed the poor run-ability problem . . .

The previous week while taking off the 362's clutch I shoved a thick electrical cord into the spark plug hole to prevent piston movement. This week I had a new problem. . . Rough running:

When I finally figured out the two other screws lay behind the two goofy cover plates and pulled the muffler off, I could not find a thing wrong with the piston but then looked into the muffler . . . Boy, I felt dumb. Here was this 7" long 3 conductor copper thing with a bunch of black gook on one end.

All the smoke was from the burning insulation; its presence in the muffler acted as a flow stoppage and prevented running above an idle! Apparently, I had pushed the cable into cylinder and out the exhaust port. When I cranked the piston past the port it very cleanly cut the cord dropping it into the muffler.

Duh.

I fixed the poor run-ability problem . . .

The previous week while taking off the 362's clutch I shoved a thick electrical cord into the spark plug hole to prevent piston movement. This week I had a new problem. . . Rough running:

When I finally figured out the two other screws lay behind the two goofy cover plates and pulled the muffler off, I could not find a thing wrong with the piston but then looked into the muffler . . . Boy, I felt dumb. Here was this 7" long 3 conductor copper thing with a bunch of black gook on one end.

All the smoke was from the burning insulation; its presence in the muffler acted as a flow stoppage and prevented running above an idle! Apparently, I had pushed the cable into cylinder and out the exhaust port. When I cranked the piston past the port it very cleanly cut the cord dropping it into the muffler.

Duh.
That's awesome :laugh:.
So a cheap learning experience :clap:
Hey lets not forget.
thisthreadisuselesswithoutpichers.jpg

you're killin' me. . . OK, here it is:
View attachment 1015156
Duh.
That's funny stuff, but it happens to the best of us.
One time I went to a GTG where they would be racing saws, so I brought a ported dolmar 7910 along with a nice chain I had done up for it. When I arrived I saw a friend there and he and I were talking, then I break out the 7910 and fire it up, but it wouldn't rev much over 4k :rare2:(I had a tach on it so I could tell exactly). I couldn't figure it out and he was telling me it was too fat, which technically it was, but I knew the tune wasn't the problem because it had run perfect the day prior. Ends up I decided to change out the plug and had set the old one in the HD air filter holder and I didn't see it was in there when I put the filter back on :laugh:. Kinda funny, but man was it irritating.
I may still have a picture, but it would take some digging.
Found it lol. Just like it belonged there :).
Screen Shot 2022-09-05 at 11.01.00 AM.png

good one, right down my line of something I would do!

back in the day, I used to have a Nissan 300ZX, twin turbo. I learned a LOT about increasing flow both coming in and going out!
H & N filters, porting, gutting the cats.
All helped but the best was upgraded ECM programming!

good one, right down my line of something I would do!

back in the day, I used to have a Nissan 300ZX, twin turbo. I learned a LOT about increasing flow both coming in and going out!
H & N filters, porting, gutting the cats.
All helped but the best was upgraded ECM programming!
Yep, everything has to work together, tuning is the combination of all the goodies.

That's funny stuff, but it happens to the best of us.
One time I went to a GTG where they would be racing saws, so I brought a ported dolmar 7910 along with a nice chain I had done up for it. When I arrived I saw a friend there and he and I were talking, then I break out the 7910 and fire it up, but it wouldn't rev much over 4k :rare2:(I had a tach on it so I could tell exactly). I couldn't figure it out and he was telling me it was too fat, which technically it was, but I knew the tune wasn't the problem because it had run perfect the day prior. Ends up I decided to change out the plug and had set the old one in the HD air filter holder and I didn't see it was in there when I put the filter back on :laugh:. Kinda funny, but man was it irritating.
I may still have a picture, but it would take some digging.
Found it lol. Just like it belonged there :).
View attachment 1015157
So, did you find the wayward plug before or AFTER you had to compete?!

So, did you find the wayward plug before or AFTER you had to compete?!
Never got to run it there as I couldn't figure it out, but just as I figured with yours, I was sure it was something simple. I think I found it a month or so later, I have a lot of saws and it wasn't a rush or really a big concern.
Also, once I saw the saws they were running, there was no reason for me to even get mine out of the car if it was running perfectly, they were not typical GTG saws :chainsaw:.

Back