New Guy intro

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuschLover

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thought I would introduce myself. Found this website by doing a search for the highest power/weight ratio saw. Ended up with a Dolmar 51000s, and so did one of my buddies. Gotta love that saw! Tired of being so dependant on oil so I put a Jotul woodstove in my house this fall and have used it off and on for the last month. Been clearing dead elm out of the timber and have had a lot of fun doing it. Something about being in the woods cutting wood and knowing that you are helping yourself become more self sufficient. I cut with a couple other guys and we split everything. We have even done muffler mods on two old poulan's and my old mac cat. This saw thing could become an addiction. I quit going to the homeshop machinist forum after I realized since being there I had aquired a 17-42 cincinnati lathe, bridgeport mill, tig, mig, stick, and aluminum welder, not ot mention the various grinders drill presses etc...I have a feeling a Dolmar 7900 may be in my future?:monkey: I will have to justify this to the little lady but it is a math problem and I know that the savings in not burning natural gas should help swing it. I have already justified the new saw and a kawasaki 4 wheeler to haul all of my gear into the timber. The payback on the stove has went from 4 years to about 7. But I really enjoy getting out into the timber and breaking a sweat, seeing what all of our hard work has accomplished, and you guessed it, cracking a BUSCH. :cheers: Great site guys!

Welcome, and I belive the 5100S is a very good saw :biggrinbounce2: , if you have dealer support (my closest Dolmar dealer is about 1000 miles away :cry: ).

Jøtul makes very good wood stoves, so good choise there also! :biggrinbounce2:

:cheers:

While I don't know an awful lot about saws and only own one MS270, I totally share your views on feeling more self sufficient using wood for heat with a stove. My goal this year is to only use one tankful of oil this year and supplement most of my heat from the stove. Sure it's alot of work but well worth it. I also enjoy the benefit of being outdoors and using my saw.

My dealer is about 30 minutes away. I really like this site. Not a bunch of whining grumpy old men, like the other site I mentioned in my initial post.

BuschLover said:
My dealer is about 30 minutes away. I really like this site. Not a bunch of whining grumpy old men, like the other site I mentioned in my initial post.
We are all ages here, but I can't find a post were you mentioned grumpy old men............:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo:

Last edited:
BuschLover said:

Yeah, we don't whine.

Well, most of us don't. :D

Anyway, welcome!

Just got in the house... the other machinist site I was on they argued all the time....lifes too short. This site is awsome. Good info and good people. Well, need to get the Jotul fired up it was 70 today 20 degrees overnight low. I'm ready for a cold one. later

Last edited:
welcome busch

nice saw wish i could convince the wife but not doing so bad

got my crown royal wood boiler and a new echo 305 nice little wood saw and runs so smooth now looking for a dolmar 540 not quite as powerful as the 5100 but still an excellent power to wt ratio

enjoy the site!!

Last edited:
Lakeside53 said:
Not argue???? ha! ... be careful!

Welcome...
There are a bit of arguing and even fighting :sword: here from time to time.

AS is far from the friendliest saw-site, but at the moment it is quite sivil.....;)

Last edited:
fishhuntcutwood said:
Yes, welcome Buschlover!

SawTroll, how do you get that cool "O"? Is it a different keyboard?

Jeff
Right on the keyboard - æ, ø and å are normal letters here.....:cheers:

Æ, Ø, Å in caps....

SawTroll said:
There are a bit of arguing and even fighting :sword: here from time to time.

AS is far from the friendliest saw-site, but at the moment it is quite sivil.....;)

yep.. all we are left with is arguing about grammer and spelling.

CIVIL :buttkick: :popcorn:

The troll still has a better command of the English language than a LOT of us statesiders (whom have English as primary/only language). Also, given that his English is likely based on European English - with all of it's unusual-to-us spellings - more so than American English, he's conversing quite well.

Good jab, though, Andy!

Latest posts

Back