New guy with some advise needed from the pros

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RE: Skin-So-Soft

Now that's just wrong. That might work for foresters, 'ologists, and other assorted strange people but loggers know better than to use that foo-foo stuff.

My partner-back-in-the-day (he knows who he is, no names need be exchanged here, lest his wife have something ELSE to make fun of him for) once bought the stuff. I know you can't get it in a 7-Eleven, so I'm not really sure where he got it. It lived on the dash of the crummy for the best part of a year. I always used my nasty-ass oily-ass DEET. He always got bit. You do the math.

Pants cuffs? So they won't snag on things. It's called stagged or stagging. Start off not cutting them too much...every time you wash them they'll unravel a little and get shorter.

This tends to drive wives crazy so some guys just stag them where they want them and have the wives sew a seam in them.

Last edited:
So with the cuff on they are more likely to snag? Ok I thought maybe it was a eight thing when they got wet but that makes sense, thanks a bunch!

So with the cuff on they are more likely to snag? Ok I thought maybe it was a eight thing when they got wet but that makes sense, thanks a bunch!

Some guys don't stag their pants but most of the guys I work with do. It just seems like pants cuffs are always catching on things and if they're stagged off so they still cover most of your boot top things go a little smoother.

Just don't cut them so high that your shins get cold.

Last edited:
You might want to wait and see where the hemlines are for the upcoming season. I noticed that the younger guys don't cut them off as short as they used to. Some don't at all. Your local customs may be different. Carry a knife and you can still cut them off if needed.

Sorry slowp Im a little slow didnt get the first part of that. I am getting a couple pairs of Prison Blues not sure if this matters. If stagging them helps prevent hang ups I think its a good idea as if I have to get out of the way or move fast I dont want to be getting hung up but maybe I will just wait and see as you said. Can you explain the first part for me "You might want to wait and see where the hemlines are for the upcoming season"?

Thanks

Pants cuffs? So they won't snag on things. It's called stagged or stagging. Start off not cutting them too much...every time you wash them they'll unravel a little and get shorter.

This tends to drive wives crazy so some guys just stag them where they want them and have the wives sew a seam in them.

Shorter the better. Don't wash them and they won't unravel. I did learn my lesson with my tins too short cost me some socks to get snagged when just wearing my slip ons. Or just don't wear pants even better. I'll find the link to the Canadian cutter who did this.

Thanks slowp sorry im a bit slow lol

Horse faller thanks but I think id end up getting hung up somewhere I wouldnt want to lol With all the things that can go flying when thos trees hit the ground that guy has balls lol

You might want to wait and see where the hemlines are for the upcoming season. I noticed that the younger guys don't cut them off as short as they used to. Some don't at all. Your local customs may be different. Carry a knife and you can still cut them off if needed.
One of our locals staggs his above the top of his 12" wescos I think thats plenty high

Latest posts

Back