New guy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bob029

Bob029

Hey all. Brandy new to the site and looking for some advice. To start off I'm a 21 year old making a living by climbing cell phone towers. Kind of getting sick of the job. So I started thinking of starting a land clearing/ brush clearing type of business. I'm from central mass so all those reading have somewhat of an idea of the land type. Just wanted to know from all those with years under their belts what i would be getting myself into. Also maybe some advice on what type of machines everyone started out with when they were starting out.

Any other advice would be great
Thanks!

lone wolf
Hey all. Brandy new to the site and looking for some advice. To start off I'm a 21 year old making a living by climbing cell phone towers. Kind of getting sick of the job. So I started thinking of starting a land clearing/ brush clearing type of business. I'm from central mass so all those reading have somewhat of an idea of the land type. Just wanted to know from all those with years under their belts what i would be getting myself into. Also maybe some advice on what type of machines everyone started out with when they were starting out.

Any other advice would be great
Thanks!
Land clearing is dead right now due to a really bad economy.Now if you become a Climber there will always be some work .

kdslocum

kdslocum

ArboristSite Guru
Land clearing is dead right now due to a really bad economy.Now if you become a Climber there will always be some work .

:agree2: i would try and find a job working for a tree company and get some climbing experience. that would really boost ur ability to get work in an economy this bad. like lone wolf said land clearing is just kinda dead right now. so thats my advice or find someone who can teach you climbing if you cant find a job or self teach. i started by watching guys i worked with then was givin a saddle and started playin around on my own. finally started climbing at work and got more and more experienced.