New Here 066 Rebuild

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I give up for the night. I have good spark but keep flooding the plug over and over. I never flooded this saw in the 1 1/2 years of day to day use before it broke. I haven't touched the carb and it did sit for about a year and a half between when it broke and now. Should I try to adjust the carb?
Yep.

I'm getting spark but could it be weak? I can adjust the carb but it ran great before. Not disputing the advice but why would it need adjusting?

In addition to changing the plug, might also want to check the gap on the coil.
agreed and ...........
a standard refrigerator (advertising add ) magnet works well for adjusting the gap for the coil and is just long enough for the job, also clean any rust build up on the coil and flywheel ....and if your interested the stihl dealer still has all the plastic stickers available ae: magnum / warning labels if your interested in going that far

I checked the gap and used a business card. Seemed fine. I also checked the idle screws and both were 1 turn out.

I played with it some more and checked the spark one more time and it seems strong. It misfires so much and won't start. Seems like it's off time. Checked and the flywheel is on the key. What could be going on here?

No question now, ordered the parts from stihl today. Hopefully I didn't hurt anything trying to start it.
I've done that too. So frustrating when you're so close to the finish. Make sure the surfaces are really dry when putting the flywheel back on with a new nut.

Back