New Huskys How Are They Doing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a problem with the oiler or anything else major on my 575xp's. I do have to say. They're cold blooded ?????es. Not a problem really, just an annoyance. I did have a cracked-fuel-line-sucking-air-problem on one. This occurred around the eight month. Funny thing, this happened on a couple 372's and a 371 over the years. Was told it happens on quite a few Huskys. Replaced the coiled fuel line and filter. 3 minute fix. I like em'. Good saws, better gas "mileage", appreciate the wide powerband. Husky quality all around.

I am happy with my 575. It has great power. It also has a wide power band which is nice for the weekend warrior like me. My 575 is very cold blooded also and I am sure we have the EPA to thank for that. It can be a pain to start when it is cold but after it has been warmed up I have never had a problem. I have a 20 inch bar on mine and i am amazed at the amound of power it has compared to my 359. The only drawback is the weight. It is not a light saw but it has nice balance with a 20 and I would guess a 24 inch bar.
just my .02
Rob

Great balance with a 32" bar. I'd pay close attention to the RPM's with a 20" bar. Doesn't seem like enough links slingin' around to me. Perhaps that's just me.

575 28” bar:
Mine starts good, and runs good. I did flood it once, but that was after the chain came off. When the chain de-railed I immediately stopped it without hitting the chain break so it coasted to a stop from wide-open throttle. Afterwards it would not start until I dried out the spark plug. It’s been fine ever since.

I ordered mine with the full wrap handle, but it doesn’t sit right with saw. It works, but the gas tank does not quite line up with the top half. I’m wondering if the half wrap 570/575’s have the same quirk.

The oiler works well, no problems to report. Also during storage there are no leaks. My 3120, 346, and 338 all have oil puddles under them.

jp hallman said:
Great balance with a 32" bar. I'd pay close attention to the RPM's with a 20" bar. Doesn't seem like enough links slingin' around to me. Perhaps that's just me.

I have never worried about RPMS. I don't run it wide open when it is not in a cut. When it is under a load i can't see the RPMS getting to high.
When i got it the dealer adjusted the carb and then he did it again after about 1s tanks of gas.

I believe they all leak(oil) after a while. Don't understand what your saying about the fuel tank."...doesn't sit right with the saw".

It’s easier to show than explain, but look at your throttle cable. Does it look straight and not pulled to one side? Mine is definitely offset but is corrected when the wrap handle is removed.

It’s something with the handle and not the saw.

Looked mine over carefully. They're all the same. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Throttle cable runs straight and true through the center of the grommet.
Wonder if you might have a isolator mount problem? Just guessing.

I friend of mine how logs full time bought a couple 575's. As mentioned they are extremly cold blooded. No big deal in Cali, but a pain in the azz in upper MI.
The local dealer has also had a few brought back that seized. I would bet because guys were not aware of how to correctly tune a rev liited saw.
I ran one and really liked it. Very nice anti vibe and torquey power.
I will continue to run the 372's till they are no longer available though. not that the 575 is a bad saw, I just like the 372 better.

Bought the first one February 2005. Right after the Oregon Logging Conference in Eugene, Oregon. Hundreds of hours is the best I can say. Everyday worker. This saw is the one that had the cracked fuel line problem. That's been the only flaw. I can honestly say, I've had the exact same problem with several 372's, 371's and even back to several Husky saws for the past decade or more.
No oiler problems what-so-ever. No clutch spring breakage. Had a lower anti-vibe-mount spring break on one. I'm positive it was due to a fella "reefing" on it. He won't admit it, but I'm sure that's what happened(young, know it all buck). I keep fuel line, filters and mounts on hand. The lower cost Jonsered mounts have the same part number so it's no big deal. I buy the harder mounts.
I like the 575. I do believe it's a superior saw to the 372 when you weigh in the fact we have to embrace change. It's here, accept it.

jp hallman said:
I do believe it's a superior saw to the 372 when you weigh in the fact we have to embrace change. It's here, accept it.
No,NO,NO, do not just accept change "cause its gonna happen anyways", bad logic, besides Simon is telling us how the 372 will be around for years, check out his thread "good news".

Latest posts

Back