New Husqvarna 359 Hard to Start

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Builder1us

Reaction score
I recently purchased a Husky 359, online. Its hard to start, and sometimes smokes after it starts for a little while.
What should I do?

If you bought it from a servicing dealer I'd take it back and have them make sure it's set up properly. All my Huskys tend to be cold blooded. The general procedure I use is to set the compression release, set the throttle, pull the choke, crank it a couple of times till it "burps", shut the choke off. Should start on the next pull.
Phil

You are probably flooding it.

Try pushing the choke lever in (to the off position) after about 3 pulls, even if it hasn't "popped" - and a "pop" is the faintest sign that it wants to start - don't rely on the decomp valve as a sign.......

Try pushing the choke lever in (to the off position) after about 3 pulls, even if it hasn't "popped" - and a "pop" is the faintest sign that it wants to start - don't rely on the decomp valve as a sign.......

+1

And for what it's worth, on my 2171, the "pop" almost never closes the decomp. Listen carefully...it can be real subtle sometimes. I usually don't start a cold saw with my muffs on...I wann hear the pop.

But again, after three, maybe four pulls, open the choke regardless of pop. Anything more and you start asking for trouble.

Just do as I said, and no saw is hard to start..........:givebeer: :givebeer:

..the worst cases I have been into is a couple of ignorant friends that bought the MS250, because that was what the closest "box store" wanted to sell, but even those were easy to start when I did it, but not when they tried to do it.......

As for service, that store didn't even want to install the B&C on the saws.

Last edited:

+3. Keep your scrench in your pocket and if you happen to flood the saw just pull the plug, dry it off, stick it back in and boogie. :D:D:D

Latest posts

Back