New Husqvarna burned up using factory premix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
havent opened the saw up yet in case someone will make this right. the piston is seized and wont turn over. i will just put a new p&c on it if i dont get anywhere with husqvarna or lowes. yes i know how to tune a saw. the fuel was the $8 husqvarna premix.

Manager of lowes wouldnt do anything about the saw. oh, and i do own stihls. lots of em.
You're kidding, right? You ran it a half an hour and you're going to let the store manager blow you off? You need to go back and stick up for yourself. They'd have to get the state police to come hit me with a taser and drag me out before I gave in.

I bought a new husqvarna 440 along with some HV premix gas/oil at local Lowes. The saw quit within 30 mins and is seized up. P&C are toast. Local chainsaw repair place tested specific gravity of husqvarna premix and said it was waay too lean on oil. What are my options? Will HV replace this saw? No one answers at the main support number. Been on hold for hours.
I urge you to fight this to the fullest extent. That’s completely unacceptable and even more so being you used their gas. I’d be going up the chain of command at Lowe’s and do the same at Husqvarna. There is no reason you should have to repair this or sit with a dead saw.

I urge you to fight this to the fullest extent. That’s completely unacceptable and even more so being you uses their gas. I’d be going up the chain of command at Lowe’s and do the same at Husqvarna. There is no reason you should have to repair this or sit with a dead saw.

i agree. i was amazed at the cavalier attitude of the lowes manager. He basically said fuk off. Of course husqvarna aint answering the phone. i assume due to covid stuff. Somebody's getting a saw back.

i agree. i was amazed at the cavalier attitude of the lowes manager. He basically said fuk off. Of course husqvarna aint answering the phone. i assume due to covid stuff. Somebody s getting a saw back.
Try all avenues for both. Phone, email, website submission, Facebook/IG/twitter posts to their page as well as PMs. Keep pushing. Eventually you’ll find someone who cares.

i agree. i was amazed at the cavalier attitude of the lowes manager. He basically said fuk off. Of course husqvarna aint answering the phone. i assume due to covid stuff. Somebody's getting a saw back.
Can you post a picture of canned fuel you used?

Back