New log lift for Timberwolf

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATTYB11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I purchased a this lift a couple of weeks ago and finally got a chance to install it yesterday.

some more pics from friday. The lift works well. The person in the pics is my younger brother. In the past I would enlist his help to get the big rounds onto the splitter.

This appears to be some sort of mechanical lift as opposed to hydraulic, correct. Can you post some pictures that show how the lift operates. TIA

Edit: Where did you purchase it, do you mind sharing how much it cost....

WidowMaker

Last edited:
It looks like the same lift that I have on my TW5 only it has the arm for manual lift instead of hydraulic, If you are going to go that far you might as well hook up a cylinder. Pete

Matty,
Looks like you will be saving your back a lot of damage. Great. I can tell you that it will be worth every penny you paid in doctors bill savings.

Can you tell us the leverage ratio of this lift? That is the distance from the center of the log to the pivot point and the distance from the pivot point to the end of the handle.

One point you should be aware of. Although timberwolf make one good machine, the design of the point points of all their log lifts are weak, both hydraulic and manual. You should make sure you grease the pivot points often and repair them when they show wear. If you are using it for personal use it should be no issue but if you are doing production, maintenance is extremely important.

I am thinking about buying that same lift, but am concerned about transporting the splitter with the lift attached. How do you think it will ride with that thing on there? Let us know.

This appears to be some sort of mechanical lift as opposed to hydraulic, correct. Can you post some pictures that show how the lift operates. TIA

Edit: Where did you purchase it, do you mind sharing how much it cost....

WidowMaker

The log lift is mechanical Timberwolf does not make a hydraulic lift to fit this splitter (at least that's what I was told.) I will get some pics of how the lift operates later today and post them. as for the price I paid about $430 for the lift which was slightly more than I was expecting but it seems like the price of everything keeps going up. It was purchased from the local timberwolf dealer

The log lift is mechanical Timberwolf does not make a hydraulic lift to fit this splitter (at least that's what I was told.) I will get some pics of how the lift operates later today and post them. as for the price I paid about $430 for the lift which was slightly more than I was expecting but it seems like the price of everything keeps going up. It was purchased from the local timberwolf dealer

Matty, what part of Rhode Island are you from?

I am thinking about buying that same lift, but am concerned about transporting the splitter with the lift attached. How do you think it will ride with that thing on there? Let us know.

I don't tow mine very often and I haven't towed yet with the lift on it but I had the same concern. I can tell you however that the long lever comes off for and there is a pin to lock the lift in the "up" position for transport so I don't think towing would be a problem.

======

I did find a short video of the operation on their web site. That does seem a little high, but if it would handle a 30" round fairly easly it would be worth it. I suppose a guy could rig a hydraulic cylinder to it. Could you post a shot of the handle attachment area...TIA

WidowMaker

Back