New log truck and trailer Oshkosh M977

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it lumped together with my bucket truck and coverage on saws and gear it's around 225 a month for everything full coverage on both of them. It is a little higher than the bucket truck not really sure why as that truck is much newer and higher in replacement cost. I think $140 seems to stick in my head for just the HEMTT.

I pay $610/year for liability on my M35A3C which is licensed with car plates and insured as a stake bed pickup. The state has some funny exemption for its classification. But way cheaper than truck plates.

I think I would have tried to go that route if I didn't use it for business. Have farm plates on my pickup and it's awesome 16 ton weight stickers for no extra charge. I don't think that would fly with this thing at 31 tons for just the truck and another 19 tons for the trailer. It's not cheap to plate but it can also haul about 45k pounds of wood in one shot so I guess you pay big to play big.

Dude.........that is a bad awesome rig!! You should put a .50 on the roof just cuz it would match the theme! Like someone else said, dang it forgot my saw again.....oh well guess we'll just settle for shoot'n hell outta the thing with the .50 and push it over with the truck, drag the whole works back'ta the house....Bummer!! That fits in 'you suck' page too by the way..... But bad assery level master however! Good score

Back