"New" Maine Fall GTG Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's about a 5 hour ride for me (if I'm not sightseeing and lallygagging around) to get to The Cutting Edge. Moss man is maybe 1.5-2 hours from me. And well worth the trip. I had a blast last year even though the trip was cut short. Won't happen this year though :D

It's about a 5 hour ride for me (if I'm not sightseeing and lallygagging around) to get to The Cutting Edge. Moss man is maybe 1.5-2 hours from me. And well worth the trip. I had a blast last year even though the trip was cut short. Won't happen this year though :D

Cutting Edge was about 1.5hr drive for me. I can see Canada and Vermont from the roof of my house.
Used to live in South Paris as a child. It takes a little over 4hrs to get there from here. I miss going to Oxford Plains on Saturdays for the races.

Hmmm, may not be as long a drive than it seems for you coming over the top like that. You should do it!! Maine needs a visit from Christine... Even though we have Stephen kings rendition.... :D

Cash is tight but I will kick in for Niko. If he flies into bangor I can pick him up and put him up at my spot if he wants. I am coming for sure and will whip up some tasty treats to bring with me. Russ

I have it on my schedule, and i am looking forward to it. Mostly I am looking forward to running a saw without sweating. :)

Spike, if you are going to make it up, let me know. I will have some stuff for you to take back to NY.

Count me in as a maybe. It will for sure be a great time as it has been the last two years; unfortunately I'm farther away than before and this would likely be beyond reasonable GTG distances. Not that it isn't worth the trip but...I'll have to see as the date approaches

I have it on my schedule, and i am looking forward to it. Mostly I am looking forward to running a saw without sweating. :)

Spike, if you are going to make it up, let me know. I will have some stuff for you to take back to NY.

IPA? :msp_biggrin:

Count me in as a maybe. It will for sure be a great time as it has been the last two years; unfortunately I'm farther away than before and this would likely be beyond reasonable GTG distances. Not that it isn't worth the trip but...I'll have to see as the date approaches

I would be disappointed if you can't make the pilgramage, but if the distance is too much I would understand. I have a pretty good running 576XP, I was thinking of running it against yours........

You want to make a surprise visit? I'll pay for your plane ticket.........

I thinks you mght have help with that...Pete...we're talkin round trip here Niko.......you got nothin better to do than come on over and have some lobster and run some saws......we would love to have ya!!!

Cash is tight but I will kick in for Niko. If he flies into bangor I can pick him up and put him up at my spot if he wants. I am coming for sure and will whip up some tasty treats to bring with me. Russ
:msp_biggrin: Thank you guys - but I'm afraid that will have to remain a dream. Even though my new hip is working better all the time, my health situation will not be up to it - there are several issues, and a long way to go, at best.....:msp_sad:

Last edited:
It should be either saturday the 3rd or sunday the 4th(November). People can start tossing up which day would be better for them, it doesn't matter to me.

Sounds like this will be a real good deal and many thanks for agreeing to be the host. For those of us who haven't been to your prior GTGs, would you let us know where the site is located. Thanks

Sounds like this will be a real good deal and many thanks for agreeing to be the host. For those of us who haven't been to your prior GTGs, would you let us know where the site is located. Thanks

207 Leeds Road
Livermore Falls Maine

Read back through the thread, I have one post talking about the specifics and safety rules.

Back