New Med. Duty Diesel Dump Truck

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What New Med. Duty (19500 GVW) Dump/Chip Truck Brand would you buy?

• Ford F-550/F-450

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Dodge 5500/4500

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • International Terrastar

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kenworth/Peterbilt T170/325

Votes: 1 5.0%

• Total voters
Never heard of that Cummings in a dodge but I have heard of a cummins that big C in the trademark.

I just test drove both the ford and dodge 550/5500. Both nice but I liked the dodge better. No idle shut off, less computer stuff. Dodge is built as more of a work truck in my opinion, more steel less chrome. The dodge also has a 2 stage exaust brake which is super too. Cummins engine is the best in my opinion. The dodge was cheaper too. And they gave me a much better offer on my trade by 4K. The people at the dodge dealership were much much nicer as well and they knew their trucks!

Mike

I have a 2007 Dodge 3500 chip truck. It can hold about 15 yards worth of chips. When I bought it, I was concerned about overloading it, but I've never had a problem other than routine wear and tear and normal maintenance. It has 130k miles and runs like a champ. It's the third Dodge I've owned and I'm partial to the Cummins engines. They run right with minimal problems as long as you don't chip the engines. Then you'll have a nightmare on your hands.

Latest posts

Back