New Member-Old Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daveT

Reaction score
I've been reading this forum for a few weeks, and just registered last night. I'm mainly a weekend warrior and am in the process of putting together an Alaskan Mill powered by an ebay ms660...I'm sure I'll have lots of questions once I get the thing together.

The saw in the picture is an old Poulan 4200 that my Dad bought new when I was a kid. My uncle was kind enough to strip the plug out in the late 80's and it's been sitting dead until recently. I heli-coiled the plug hole a few weeks ago, filled it full of gas, and the ???? thing started on the second pull! I used it all day today, and I couldn't be happier with it. It's got a lot of power, but gets kind of heavy after a few hours. I showed it to the old man this evening, and he really got a kick out of hearing it run again.

Not to stir up another oil argument, but am I OK running this 32:1? My dad say's he always ran 16:1 in it...

Later,

Dave

Welcome, Yes you'll be fine with 32:1 in that saw, 50:1 would work too but I, like many here, run 32:1 in everything.

Latest posts

Back