New Milwaukee top handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElevatorGuy

Yota’s and John Deere green!
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I see Milwaukee has a new top handle coming out that claims it’s faster than a 35cc gas saw. I’m interested to see the price, I’ll probably grab one did they’re priced reasonably.

I’m not impressed with Milwaukee’s testing with petrol equipment. From the tests I’ve seen, it’s always so biased. They’ll use poorly tuned petrol equipment, purposely so it runs slow and rich. Dull chains, poor use of the tool by the operator.

Edit:

I wonder if the weight they posted 10.8 is with or without battery?

I’m actually not worried about the speed. If it’s priced right and balanced I’ll probably pickup one with the 12” setup. I had an echo 303t and sold it. I didn’t use it a lot but it was very handy at times. I can’t justify a 201c and I’m a big stihl fan.

I’m actually not worried about the speed. If it’s priced right and balanced I’ll probably pickup one with the 12” setup. I had an echo 303t and sold it. I didn’t use it a lot but it was very handy at times. I can’t justify a 201c and I’m a big stihl fan.
Why cant you the price ,dont forget to calculate new batteries in because when they die it will be costly. Have you seen the prices of those lately?

https://www.homedepot.com/s/48-11-1812 M18 REDLITHIUM™ HIGH OUTPUT™ HD12.0 Battery Pack?NCNI-5

says empty weight is 8.2lbs, so its going to be approx 10.5-11lbs with a battery and oil and can cut roughly 150 times through 4x4 cedar posts. Milwaukee has definitely started fudging numbers and tool capabilities in the last couple years. They attempted to redesign a few major tools including the m18 1/2" impact to save money but faced major failures and public blowback. If your planning to get it I would suggest getting it 6 months after release and before its second year so they can work out the bugs and before they figure out how to cheapen its manufacture.

Why cant you the price ,dont forget to calculate new batteries in because when they die it will be costly. Have you seen the prices of those lately?

https://www.homedepot.com/s/48-11-1812 M18 REDLITHIUM™ HIGH OUTPUT™ HD12.0 Battery Pack?NCNI-5
I won’t use it enough to spend the 201 money. I already have the batteries, I know they’re not cheap. I’ve also been looking at the pole saw as well. I typically used my 303t for trimming sticks of firewood that were too long for the stove or cutting small blocks of smoking wood for the grill. I shouldn’t have sold the 303 but I did. My stove is a top loader that will fit a 22” split when empty but 18s are better to fill it with. My tree buddy that does the takedowns that I can’t do doesn’t know what a 18” round is lol. His stove is a front load north south stove that will take a 26” split, He forgets that everyone else doesn’t have the luxury of it.

My most recent oak score was rounds in the 20-23” range. I trimmed them all to 18 and then noddled them so I could pick them up. Before I didn’t pay a lot of attention to the lengths, I would just split them and then have to trim them which sucks split by split.

I might consider this. Been halfway looking for a top handle, very preferably electric because it'll be used twice a year, that also takes batteries I already have. Not too hung up on how fast it cuts, as long as it's faster than a dull spoon.

$550 would buy a 2511T and a lot of Tru-Fuel, though.

I have the quicklock pole saw and trimmer.
Trimmer is nice for a few hours work and useful.

Pole saw is pretty slow and not liking the oiler. Balance is ok.
Oregon bar and chain and metal workings and sprocket are nice.

Either way I’m tempted to pick one up, they seem like sweet saws on youtube, but youtube can be a lot different from reality

Back