New Milwaukee top handle

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I personally really like the standard M18 chainsaw for small tasks and limbing. It doesn't compare with a good gas saw, but if you keep it sharp its good up to about 6" before you really notice it slowing down your pace. Just keep that in mind, its also very low maintenance so it what it loses in performance it makes up for there. And if you are going to use it a lot, if anything breaks in the first 5 years Milwaukee will replace the tool for free (even catastrophic failure as long as it wasn't abused or dropped in a lake, etc). I've taken back tools that have seen 3000-4000 hours of use (construction) and our local service centre has just handed me a new tool because it was less than 5 years old no questions asked.

I personally really like the standard M18 chainsaw for small tasks and limbing. It doesn't compare with a good gas saw, but if you keep it sharp its good up to about 6" before you really notice it slowing down your pace. Just keep that in mind, its also very low maintenance so it what it loses in performance it makes up for there. And if you are going to use it a lot, if anything breaks in the first 5 years Milwaukee will replace the tool for free (even catastrophic failure as long as it wasn't abused or dropped in a lake, etc). I've taken back tools that have seen 3000-4000 hours of use (construction) and our local service centre has just handed me a new tool because it was less than 5 years old no questions asked.
I hear that, for my uses for it I think it should be perfect. If I need bigger, The stihls have all those needs covered.

Either way I’m tempted to pick one up, they seem like sweet saws on youtube, but youtube can be a lot different from reality
It should be here tomorrow, probably won’t try it out until this weekend. I have a tree huggin neighbor that hates when I fire the gas saws. She won’t hear this at all haha.

Latest posts

Back