New ms261cm in April?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwatts

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I am in the market for a new saw and think it’s going to be a new ms261cm. I was in a local dealer today checking it out and he said there is a new model/version coming out in April. It’s supposed to be upgraded to run cooler? And maybe a couple other things. I searched online and couldn’t find anything about it. Anyone know anything? I’m wanting a new saw but if there is something new coming out I could wait if it’s worth it.

Thanks

I believe the updated version is already out. Last year they changed the angle of the cooling find, new side cover, and I'm sure a few other things. I would guess the "upgrade" will be a whole new saw. The 262 (if they keep there model naming trend)

At this point it’s getting hard to find the old version so you should be able to find it. It’s funny how little internal marketing/information sharing Stihl does to inform dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Upgraded to run cooler, eh? The only effective way to get air cooled 2 cycles to run cooler is to richen them up and there is no way the EPA is going to let an OEM do that.

Back