New Old Saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rotax Robert

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here arefew pics of some saws that were given to me today. Apparently they were runners when they were put away. I really dont collect old saws or claim to know much about them, but maybe some of you elaberate a bit about them. I do plan to make them run again though. The 1st is a Titan 40

Last edited:
Robert you have some nice saws there.
The Titan 40 was a very popular saw in it's day. Yes that is the gas cap just above and a bit behind the muffler. If the coil is still in good shape and it has compression you should have no trouble getting it to run. I am working on one right now that a fellow sent to me with the same comment " it was running when it was put away 10 years ago"
The Silver Logmaster looks to be in real good shape, check the cylinder for chrome peel at the exhaust ports. If it is ok and the coil is in good shape then it is pretty straight forward. Tillotson HL series carb etc. Both the Titan and the Silver Logmaster are Bendix Scintilla magneto so very hard to find parts.
The big Mall also has a chrome plated cylinder but if the coil is ok then you never know. I have manuals on all of them so if you need anything let me know.

Nice haul, Robert!

At least if one saw has a bad coil, you can try a coil off the other since they are the same according to mike.

Those saws will smoke this one

Robert you have some nice saws there.
The Titan 40 was a very popular saw in it's day. Yes that is the gas cap just above and a bit behind the muffler. If the coil is still in good shape and it has compression you should have no trouble getting it to run. I am working on one right now that a fellow sent to me with the same comment " it was running when it was put away 10 years ago"
The Silver Logmaster looks to be in real good shape, check the cylinder for chrome peel at the exhaust ports. If it is ok and the coil is in good shape then it is pretty straight forward. Tillotson HL series carb etc. Both the Titan and the Silver Logmaster are Bendix Scintilla magneto so very hard to find parts.
The big Mall also has a chrome plated cylinder but if the coil is ok then you never know. I have manuals on all of them so if you need anything let me know.

Trying to get my silver logmaster going. Do you still have manuals available?

Under the posts you'll see the persons name or handle they use on here & some other information such as the date they posted.
It will look like this, that I copied from your post today: Jimtom, Today at 11:22 AM Report Bookmark

As you can see "Mike Acres, Jun 22, 2003 Report Bookmark" their post was in 2003.
They may not be on the site anymore. Just trying to help you navigate the site is all.

A copy & paste of " The Beg for Manuals Thread " in the search bar near the upper right corner of the page should get you to a more appropriate & bountiful page to get some answers.
Or just a search for silver logmaster manual in the same search bar.

Hope this helps, happy Thanksgiving!

Under the posts you'll see the persons name or handle they use on here & some other information such as the date they posted.
It will look like this, that I copied from your post today: Jimtom, Today at 11:22 AM Report Bookmark

As you can see "Mike Acres, Jun 22, 2003 Report Bookmark" their post was in 2003.
They may not be on the site anymore. Just trying to help you navigate the site is all.

A copy & paste of " The Beg for Manuals Thread " in the search bar near the upper right corner of the page should get you to a more appropriate & bountiful page to get some answers.
Or just a search for silver logmaster manual in the same search bar.

Hope this helps, happy Thanksgiving!

Yep thanks. Been using forums for years. I saw that it was an old post but thought I'd take a swing since....asking at "The Beg for Manuals Thread" was a bust for me. Searching certain terms in forums usually leads me down a rabbit hole full of distractions if nothing else. Maybe if the particular user isn't here anymore someone else will see it and be of help.

Back