New Oregon Speedi Cut System

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@SawTroll , what can you tell us about the new Oregon lighter weight chain and bar system using the 95TXL chain? Must be a laminated bar with aluminum core sandwiched between two outer steel rails?
That is correct. They are going with aluminum where possible to eliminate weight. At the update seminar a few weeks ago they discussed it but I don't recall all the details. I do recall them talking about using aluminum to lighten bars though.

Opinions?
Not a bad bar . Seems to hold up well so far the txl chain is not impressive. Not that it is bad. It is smooth out of the box but not as fast as what Oregon wants you to believe. They work much better with a good sharpening but still not noticeably better then vpx. I have a good comparison on my you tube channel. Including Stihl psychological 3/8 lp

There was a link to some Oregon on line documents lately pertaining to this.
http://www.oregonproducts.com/speedcut/ I searched up this link just now.

They have three bar mounts available, there are 10 and 12 tooth nose sprockets available though not all choices in all lengths and mounts.

I bought a bar off ebay and it is really for 0.058 gauge chain. I figure there must be some seconds or mistakes in production that were not scrapped.

The link count for the 20 inch is 80 drive links so the loops would fit the replaceable nose solid bars or the hard nose bars with chain length more for the standard 3/8 20 inch. Laminated 20 inch bars seem to 78 drive links in 0.325.

I am not going to buy any chain but suspect the main improvement is the oil distributing feature on the drive links.

Here is more info on these bars. Bars are lighter and they employ a "narrow kerf" system that consists of a narrower chain and bar, requiring less power to cut and thus cutting faster.

Attachments

• A14185ae Light Weight Pro Bar Flier (1).pdf
    6.2 MB · Views: 6
  • A108145ad_SpeedCut - digital.pdf
    383.9 KB · Views: 4

Latest posts

Back