"New" Pioneer Partner 500

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denman123a

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
New on this forum; just acquired this 500 and with minimal resurrection it fired up just fine. It ran poorly until the old gas ran out, but when the new mix was run thru it ran like a bandit and even idled! Can anyone fill me in on how old this might be? It's been well handled from what I've seen, and compressed 135psi after under 2 minutes running. I have no history on it, but already like it and will clean it up to "like new". I have three of the new cheap Poulans and would speculate that this Pioneer cost more new than I paid for all three Poulans combined. Congrats on a busy and informative forum.

Welcome to the site, there are lots of knowledgeable fellows on here . We have a Pioneer chainsaw thread on here where a lot of fellows with the Pioneer saw knowledge like to hang out to takl Pioneer saws. If you were to post over there you would most likely get filled in on your saw, some may see your post here but more would see it over in the Pioneer thread. I don`t know a whole lot about the Pioneer Partners myself but I do own a couple of them, the 500 was a 50 cc engined saw that was far advanced in its time. They were considered a hot rod when the first came out and still cut and run right up there with 50 cc saws. It`s been brought to my attention that the top front handle is prone to breaking at the right hand side where the handles join. Other than that they are a nice running and cutting saws.
Pioneerguy600

Back