New Project Saw. Dolmar PS-7900!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got some stuff cleaned up. Carb box looks a lot better and most of the crankcase is done. While taking the spike bar off the clutch cover it became apparent that someone got a little too rough. I'm not gonna worry about a new cover until after it's running.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Any tips for getting the chain rake handle back on? It was bound up when the old handle was broken? It engaged when I removed the old handle. View attachment 396085View attachment 396087
In order to refit the clutch you will need to disengage the chainbrake
- use the chain brake handle and attach it using the longish T27 screw which acts as the fulcrum
- connect using the little pin onto the linkage to the knee action
- lever the brake off using the brake handle
- replace the clutch drum

Hope this helps

Thanks. I understand how it goes together but it cant as pictured. Its like I have to compress the the spring to knee bracket/cam? to move down so the handle can be attached and the pin connected to the linkage. I just can get anything to move.

Also, do I just pound out the av buffers/springs? I have a new set coming. Does the spring mounted to the cylinder just unscrew out as well? I don't want to break anything lol.

Thanks. I understand how it goes together but it cant as pictured. Its like I have to compress the the spring to knee bracket/cam? to move down so the handle can be attached and the pin connected to the linkage. I just can get anything to move.
I see the problem now (looking at your photo above) the spring is fully expanded
- you will some how need to compress the spring a few millimetres in order to get that T27 bolt threaded in to attach the brake handle.
- In situations like this I have had success threading some synthetic twine around the spring and using this to compress the spring . Cut it off when done. Good luck

. Does the spring mounted to the cylinder just unscrew out as well? I don't want to break anything lol.
I found that I could not get the torx driver onto the head of the inside screw, (because of the threaded cap on other end). I did manage to remove it clamping a vice around the spring. Took quite a lot of persuasion. Not sure how I will reattach to new cylinder....

My muffler is missing the spark arrestor screen and the exhaust deflector is gone/ knocked off. Is there anyone I could send it to to make it a dual port muffler or at least add the deflector back? Or is it more cost effective for a new one?

IMG_0732[1].JPG

Latest posts

Back