New Project Saw. Dolmar PS-7900!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a bunch of stuff cleaned up including carb and carb box. Cleaned the air filter as best I could. Soaked it in dawn and warm water and rinsed. Does that missing piece on the clutch effect anything? I assume I would need a clutch tool to remove it in the future?image.jpgimage.jpg

Lookin good!! I can't really see what your pointing to on the clutch to be able to help on that. And yes a clutch tool makes it a lot easier to take off and put on.

You may want to put you intake boot on the cylinder...it makes things easier, also the carb housing will get a little busy trying to put that all on. You have to pull threw the fuel line and throttle cable. Underneath you will have the gromet with the switch wires.

Thanks. Right in front of my finger there is a little chunk briken off. Doesnt look like it will do too much. Yeah the carb box does look cluttered, should be fun lol. Its tough when everything was apart when i got it. Good thing for parts diagrams online haha

Not to put the cart before the horse but what bars do people recommend? I was thinking of 20 or 24" carlton speed tip or total super. Sugi haras and tsumuras are so expensive but woukd be sweet. The 6100 has a 20" and thr pioneer has a 24"

I like no shorter than a 24" as I am tall. I'm running 2 ' on most of mine...plenty of power to pull them. The oiler seems to be the weak link as a 32" is about max. There is a thread that was done to modify the oiler to oil better...which it did!!! Gotta try it when I get time to tinker....don't have a lathe or the skills to use one as the poster did. He did AWESOME work!!

Really it will be your choice. What size wood you will be cutting and what your comfortable with.

I run a 32" bar on mine but it doesn't quite oil enough with that for me to be happy. I have the 20" and under category covered so I only grab 7900 for the big stuff. I like the look of the Carlton bars but honestly the total bars are just a couple bucks more. I say go with a 24-28" total bar

Back