New Project Saw. Dolmar PS-7900!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol....ever think of house demolition........with a sledge hammer??? That would be pretty intense work!! I hope I don't come off as a smart a$$....not my intentions......we're just a lot alike!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lol....ever think of house demolition........with a sledge hammer??? That would be pretty intense work!! I hope I don't come off as a smart a$$....not my intentions......we're just a lot alike!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
I once demolished a concrete plate in front of the garage, about 4-5 square meters of surface and 15-20cm thick.
I took a pickhammer and raw muscle power to it, reduced it to pieces in no time! :D
That was a fun job, made me feel each and every of my muscles.

FYI, that concrete plate had impure river sand in it and was breaking apart during winter - it became an eyesore so we replaced/renewed it. :)

Got the cylinder cleaned up. It could have been some debris scoring on as well. I thought I had it cleaned really well before. Maybe I didn't flush the crankcase good enough?

I ordered new seals and base gasket for good measure from 166. This saw was originally a red top which puts it at 10+ yrs old so it would be a idea regardless. I also got a new set of spikes. They are a little different and I can't wait to see them!

Got the cylinder cleaned up. It could have been some debris scoring on as well. I thought I had it cleaned really well before. Maybe I didn't flush the crankcase good enough?

I ordered new seals and base gasket for good measure from 166. This saw was originally a red top which puts it at 10+ yrs old so it would be a idea regardless. I also got a new set of spikes. They are a little different and I can't wait to see them!

I hope you can get her up and running soon. So you can post some VIDEOS!!! :yes::popcorn2:

... I always forget to take videos
Same here!
I have camcorders to spare (camcorder, action cam, smartphone, not-so-smartphone, several digital cameras) but most times don't think about setting any of them up. :rare2:

The truest audio is being recorded by my not-so-smartphone, the crappiest audio records my smartphone.
My old faithful digital 8 camcorder is average to good for both audio and video and sports a 355 minutes run time capacity battery.
My action cam has barely seen any usage even though I have 2 spare batteries for it.

Don't forget to post pictures of the new spikes once You get them. :)

The worst thing is my phone can do almost everyone if I knew how to use it better.

The spikes are not the Euro style or the new Dolmar style either. And they are not aftermarket...

Haha, I got a set of the 4 point Solo spikes. They are a little smaller than the 3 point stocks. One of mine is tweaked so it will be nice to have two straight ones.

Here's a 7900 I had. Wearing a 36 inch bar and chain. 54 inch white oak and it cut it with no problem. That was the first dolmar I got to own and wish I wouldn't of sold it. Amazing how smooth t hey are and power. But I guess I can always get another one. We ended up making a bunch of table tops out of the tree. uploadfromtaptalk1449601742708.jpguploadfromtaptalk1449602469940.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

I've been running my 24" Sugi on my 7900, and I really like it. If I find a bigger log, I'll bust out the 661, 288, or 2188. :)View attachment 467964

661 w/ 36"
View attachment 467967
Even a stock PS-7900 can handle much more then a 24" B&C setup, but balance and handling is impaired with long bars.
I was thinking of getting something between 20" and 36" as a permanent setup for my PS-7900 - but a 20" b&c handles 95% of my firewood cutting needs and the oddball 5% I just improvise.

Hey, is that my 36" Iggesund Forest bar? :rolleyes:

How does the 661 balance with that bar, does it stay sitting on the PH or is it nose heavy like the PS-7900?

So should I just change the seals since I have them? I really don't want to remove the oil pump and clutch again...If so any tips on pulling them out?

Husky bar aside (again), another fine specimen! :cool:

And NO, I have absolutely nothing against Husqvarna or any other brand - I just think that for a photo shoot OEM or third party looks nicer. ;)

I dont think its sporting the husky bar any longer.

dolmar7900.jpg

Back