New Rings

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pilgrim

Reaction score
I have a Jonsered 630 that has low compression. I need to replace the rings and I need some advice on how to do it. I am a really good wrench so it shouldn't be so hard for me to do. I just want to know if there are any tricks that I should know before I rip the thing apart.
Thanks, Pilgrim

There is nothing special on 630.Just be sure if you remove the piston ,the arrow on top of the piston goes to the ex.Clean the ring groove with the old ring before installing the new one.There was 2 rings piston on 630 years back and they are no longer available,i guess you got the one ring piston.Be sure to install the gasket under the cylinder the right way.Dont remove the carb from the cyl,you dont need to,comes off easily anyway.

ring replacement???

personnaly i first think that if you need to replace the rings there must be a reason....normal wear or secondly abusive usage,overheating...etc..... in the second scenario this might have caused an "out of round in the cylinder" which need to be measured ,otherwise you will not solve your problem of low compression by only replacing the rings. I would need more info on what cause this saw to have low compression if you know the history of the saw?

Latest posts

Back