New saw poll

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which saw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
7900. Who cares about the other crap everyone and their brother owns just because it has a well marketed name on the side. Ribs or cavair? I'll take ribs because they taste good, cavair is fish eggs.:potstir:

Last edited:
7900. Who cares about the other crap everyone and their brother owns just because it has a well marketed name on the side. Ribs or cavair? I'll take ribs because they taste good, cavair is fish eggs.:potstir:

Well said, and i agree. The guys I work with say it looks like a spaceship, but I like the saw more than the 046.

It will be a little while before I get anything with work being the way it is. I want to get the 066 put together first too. If I could find a good deal on a 681 I might try one of them out. Does anyone know of a place to get them now?

I would have taken the 7900 if I needed the extra power - but I didn't, so I bought the 372xp.

You can't really go wrong among the listed options. :smile2:

Edit, I didn't vote, as I have no strong opinion on saws in this class. I couldn't, but if I could I would have wanted to handle all options before I made up my mind.

Last edited:
Need is such a funny word :)
But Ive needed the bar once so far, and have a couple other opportunities but havent heard back from them. But it was just to make one cut to make slabs off the stump.

Oh well, its mine and couldnt pass it up for that kinda deal :D

Ill take one of each lol. I think it depends on a lot of factors they are all good saws just some might like them for different reasons. I like the 440 Stihl and the original372xp. I owned both and liked them both, the 440 had the torque and the 372xp is a screamer and just smoooooth. Stihl would be smart to bring back the 440 but it would hurt the 441 sales a lot I would think.

i think the folks that want a 441 will buy one whether or not the 440 is back or not. i think it will generate a lot of sales from folks that love the 440. i know a few people that would not buy a 441 for any reason (me for one) but if the 440 comes back in a limited run they will go out and buy one just to be able to have it for future use(im in that boat).

Can it be? A 70/80cc poll and the 441 wasn't even a choice. In fact only two people mentioned the 441 in the negative.
I guess Stihl better resurrect the 440.:laugh:

Now I haven't ran a 7900 so im very limited in my experience but the jred dealer Im going to buy from stopped selling dolmar and he has a new one for $679 if I remember correctly on clearance. But that was 2 months ago. I handled a 2171 and the 7900 and I preferred the 2171 based on feel alone. Im just curious as to why so many like the 7900. Ive done extensive reading on here about it, but based on face value, I wasnt impressed. I voted 440 btw. I hope it comes out

Now I haven't ran a 7900 so im very limited in my experience but the jred dealer Im going to buy from stopped selling dolmar and he has a new one for $679 if I remember correctly on clearance. But that was 2 months ago. I handled a 2171 and the 7900 and I preferred the 2171 based on feel alone. Im just curious as to why so many like the 7900. Ive done extensive reading on here about it, but based on face value, I wasnt impressed. I voted 440 btw. I hope it comes out

If you really did the research, and you've ran one you wouldn't have to ask.

This thread should give you a better idea.http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/106705.htm

Latest posts

Back