New saw to impress city slickers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adirondack

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I should’ve never sold my dormer 7900. I moved to the city so I never thought I would need it. I kept my 550 XP but it’s not enough for some of these big logs that are taken down in the neighborhood. I was going to get a 6400 and put the 84cc jug on it which I thought would really scream. They advertise the 6424 at Home Depot but I got to the store and it was 6100. Back to the drawing board. Does anyone sell these Mikitas with the 84cc upgrades? I don’t wanna break the bank I just want to have a saw to have some fun every now and then because these people down here have onlyseen is a wild thing or equivalent. I kind of want to see their faces when they can rip through Bigwood real quickly. Might be open to other sauce but I’m just familiar with Dolmar.

I should’ve never sold my dormer 7900. I moved to the city so I never thought I would need it. I kept my 550 XP but it’s not enough for some of these big logs that are taken down in the neighborhood. I was going to get a 6400 and put the 84cc jug on it which I thought would really scream. They advertise the 6424 at Home Depot but I got to the store and it was 6100. Back to the drawing board. Does anyone sell these Mikitas with the 84cc upgrades? I don’t wanna break the bank I just want to have a saw to have some fun every now and then because these people down here have onlyseen is a wild thing or equivalent. I kind of want to see their faces when they can rip through Bigwood real quickly. Might be open to other sauce but I’m just familiar with Dolmar.

Do you have a spare arm and leg?

Watch Home Depot, they do have 6400’s That get sold off. Have seen quite a few 4300’s. I have been watching for a 6100 and have not seen one local yet. Went in last week and they said they post sales on the 5th of the month.

Are the 6400/6424s not made any more?
Watch Home Depot, they do have 6400’s That get sold off. Have seen quite a few 4300’s. I have been watching for a 6100 and have not seen one local yet. Went in last week and they said they post sales on the 5th of the month.

I guess I will start looking for a dolmar 7900 which I guess is now the Makita 7900
Is $859 the best deal you can find on the 7900 With the heavy duty filter? I’d rather support someone on the site and buy it off the Internet if anybody has any suggestions.

Get a 288xp and have it ported by one of the many guys that do that sort of stuff. Then you’ll raise some eye brows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Throw the city slickers a curveball and get a bow saw[emoji23]
e7409af41fac152faa55d57872c14202.jpg

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

A few summers ago, I heard a "chainsaw" screaming and screaming like fingernails on a blackboard. Neighbors dad was trying to cut up a small dead tree.
I finally offered to help. Their little Craftsman was enough saw if chain were sharp. Part of me wanted to take 661 but my 261 made quick work. Then I sharpened their chain and set rakers.

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk

I couldn't clear less about what a city slicker thinks .

Back