New signs on my stumpgrinding trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mowingman

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
After 4 years, I finally got lettering put on my stumpgrinding trailer. I think I should get noticed around town more with this advertising. What do you think??
Jeff

After 4 years, I finally got lettering put on my stumpgrinding trailer. I think I should get noticed around town more with this advertising. What do you think??
Jeff

Looks great Jeff, u will see a big inc in business, i get more bus from my signs on truck and trailer than any form of adv i ever used, it's all i use now, i actually have people waiting by my truck when i come out of lowes, tsc, etc, they even call me going down the highway and i follow them home to make the bid.....

Bob....:cheers:

I paid $325.00 for the lettering and installation on the trailer. Also included, is a smaller version of the same signage for the rear trailer doors. That seemed like a pretty good price to me.
Jeff

What kind of grinder are you running? Can you show some pics of the inside of the trailer, been think of doing a trailer like this too..

I was running a Carlton 7015TRX. I have downsized, and now run a Carlton 4012, wheeled machine. The trailer is an all steel, (not flimsy aluminum), 14 footer. It has swingout doors and I had custom heavy duty aluminum ramps built for loading/unloading. Also had the floor reinforced with more steel tubing and angle to support the heavy 7015TRX. Have built in wooden storage bins along one side and in the nose. This gives me room to carry fuel cans, tools, parts, and misc. supplies in a secure postion. Here are photos, I hope.
The bins are built with 2x6 and 2x8 lumber, with a plywood floor under them. I built them to fit, in various size sections, set them in place, then, bolted them through the floor, and sealed each bolt/nut/hole, from the underside with silicone sealer. If you have any questions, ask away.
Jeff

What kind of grinder are you running? Can you show some pics of the inside of the trailer, been think of doing a trailer like this too..

Last edited:
I paid $325.00 for the lettering and installation on the trailer. Also included, is a smaller version of the same signage for the rear trailer doors. That seemed like a pretty good price to me.
Jeff

That's a great price, and you wont be sorry you did it. Like another poster said, it'll pay for itself in no time flat, and you'll be wondering why you didn't do it earlier. Real nice setup you got there too!

Shaun

That trailer looks great, both the signage and the interior, nice tow rig as well. The 7015 has me salivating as well.:cheers:

Last edited:
Man thats a sweet rig! Great grinder and the inclosed trailer keep it out of the weather and gives you all the billboard space. Very nice. Smart move on the signage, I should do that.

Way Cool Job

Great job on the trailer MM. How did you secure your TRX7015 in transit? Did you drop a pin in the hole near the front? Just think how many eyes read those great signs. You did good.
I gotta ask, Why did you get rid of your TRX 7015? Really wish I could have bought it. I am seeking a good used 7015 TRX or wheeled.

Just about got my runaway deutz on the 7500 back on the firing line. Hope you are covered up with stumps

Regards
Kenny Speedy Stump Service

Jeff

I bolted a "D" ring in the floor at the front, right under where the front of the machine was when it was spotted in place in the trailer. Then, I used a heavy ratchet strap to tie the machine frame to the "D" ring. Since the strap was nearly vertical, it stopped movement both frontward, and backward. However, I rarely ever secured it in town, as the rubber tracks gave it a good grip on the trailer floor. I did secure it if I had to travel out on the main highways to any nearby towns.
I sold the 7015 because I wanted to downsize, and semi retire. Did not need a machine that big, and did not need the track capabilities. Loved the machine though, and it made me a lot of money. I replaced it with a 4012, 44hp machine on wheels.
7015's are hard to find on the used market, in good condition. I suggest you try Alexander Equipment, in Lisle, Ill. They seem to keep a good number of used and demo machines in stock.
Jeff

Great job on the trailer MM. How did you secure your TRX7015 in transit? Did you drop a pin in the hole near the front? Just think how many eyes read those great signs. You did good.
I gotta ask, Why did you get rid of your TRX 7015? Really wish I could have bought it. I am seeking a good used 7015 TRX or wheeled.

Just about got my runaway deutz on the 7500 back on the firing line. Hope you are covered up with stumps

Regards
Kenny Speedy Stump Service

I had a sign on the back of the ramp on my old stump trailer,It DID pull in extra stumps when you were in a street...That sign job will be well worth it.:rock:

Jeff

Nice signage!

I was going to say that you REALLY need one on the back of the trailer if you don't have one. Glad you got one on the back. That's the one that the people stopped behind you can see. :)

You got a great price for that quality and size of lettering, especially for three readings, W/ outline. Looks great!

I was a tree guy before I became a custom fabricated sign salesman. We did the big pylon signs for strip malls and shopping centers, probably would have been $1460.00 from us (about 2x what you could get from a vinyl shop), but you got it for around 1/2 of that.

You will get tons more work because of it.

Nice, Clean opperation you have.

nice set up but do you usually haul it with a dump truck? where does the grindings and clean up go?'

I don't haul off anything. As mentioned, grindings go back in the hole and I use a rake and shovel to pile the rest neatly on top of the hole where the stump was. If there is a huge amount, I do not rake it up at all, I tell the customer to get in touch with a ladnscaper.
I always make sure the customer knows I don't do major cleanup or hauloffs. My price is for grinding only and minor cleanup.
Jeff

nice set up but do you usually haul it with a dump truck? where does the grindings and clean up go?'

I don't haul off anything. As mentioned, grindings go back in the hole and I use a rake and shovel to pile the rest neatly on top of the hole where the stump was. If there is a huge amount, I do not rake it up at all, I tell the customer to get in touch with a ladnscaper.
I always make sure the customer knows I don't do major cleanup or hauloffs. My price is for grinding only and minor cleanup.
Jeff

Jeff
How do you like the Carlton 4012? Do you wish you had the big machine
Swan

Back