New Stihl Chainsaws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twiztedsix

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Just got an email from my distributor with a 2012 chainsaw price list and update. Saw a couple of new things on the list.

MS 150 TC-E 12 $429.99 July 2012

MS 461 20 $979.99 October 2012

guess the 150 is a new top handle, didn't get any other specs.

"In the chain saw segment, STIHL presented six new products for the new season. The
compact, lightweight MS 150 C-E chain saw scales only 2.8 kilograms and is suitable for
the crafts and trades, fruit growers and gardeners as well as demanding private users for
woodworking projects, tending trellis fruit trees or cutting firewood. The top handle version,
the STIHL MS 150 TC-E, simplifies cutting for professional tree surgeons."
(September Stihl press release)

If the trend is going smaller like from a ms170 down to a ms150 I wonder if someday they'd have an ms90 at say 17cc kind of a Jr, 090 at 137cc. I doubt it, but it'd be funny. Then most guys could afford a Stihl "90".

Im suprised that the 461 is arriving as late as Oct ? Will be interesting to see how it looks as a production model maybe some more changes ?

The MS150 is a cute little saw for sure

stihl-ms150tce_01.jpg

What is with that Laser gadget that mounts on the handle? It seems like you can use it to measure the length of logs as you cut them off.

Latest posts

Back