New Stihl Model?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ticket writer

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
I attended the Eastern Sports & Outdoor Show in Harrisburg, Pa this past week. Northeast Stihl had their trailer set up for a tour of all their models. I started talking to the Stihl rep and was asking about the new 441 and if they were thinking of possibly a 461. He said that most likely the next new model will be a stratofied?? version of the 361 and possibly be called the 362. He also said that the feds are now cracking down on vibration levels. He said they are recieving positive feedback on the new 441 especially about acceleration in the cut. Just some info I thought you would like.

MS 460 Magnum (dual port)
MS 260 (muffler mod)

Well how about that. I was in the same trailer yesterday.

They didn't have a 440 because they were being phased out this year. We don't have anyone local who stocks the bigger saws so it was nice to set a 441 and 460 side by side and look them over.

Well how about that. I was in the same trailer yesterday.

They didn't have a 440 because they were being phased out this year. We don't have anyone local who stocks the bigger saws so it was nice to set a 441 and 460 side by side and look them over.

Pretty cool...........your talking about the 441 and look at your post count!!!

Plumber

. He also said that the feds are now cracking down on vibration levels. He said they are recieving positive feedback on the new 441 especially about acceleration in the cut. Just some info I thought you would like.

From my understanding, meaning from Stihl, the feds that are cracking down on vibration leves are in Europe. And instead of making two diferent style saws, they make our saws to Europes higher levels, and save money in production. Not sure how much truth there i to this, and I am sure Pest will be along to tell us its another ploy by big business to try and take our brains for government use to try and keep cattle grazing on the corn used to make ethanol that will one day blow up every motor in the world and thus rendering the EPA useless!!!! :notrolls2:

Nahhh I just find it rather funny that Stihls cost more in New England than other parts of the country...so they must be clearly MORE superior in New England:monkey:

Nahhh I just find it rather funny that Stihls cost more in New England than other parts of the country...so they must be clearly MORE superior in New England:monkey:

EVERYTHING costs more in the NorthEast. Its a fact. Cars, real estate, food, and yes even chainsaws.

He also said that the feds are now cracking down on vibration levels.

The vibration level requirement was from the U.K. If you want to play in that market, you need to meet their regs. Stihl saws are pretty much "world models" except for emissions, and in anticipation of Europe and the States followings, they designed it to exceed the UK limits.

Ahem... I guess you haven't been to New Mexico, then...

I have. Are Stihl saws pricey here? I don't own any stihls, but my buddy has an MS250 that he's been trying to buy a chain for. The dealer in Silver City went out of business. He stopped at a dealer in Las Cruces (178 miles away), but that dealer had no chains for the 250. ??? The nearest Dolmar dealer is about the same distance. There is a Husky dealer in Silver, and they actually seem to know what they're doing. Living in fairly remote areas, you just get used to it, I guess, as long as there good online dealers, I'm happy enough.

-441-a sign from GOD!!!

Quick Ty, before any nonbeleivers see the post count, buy the saw. Heaven only knows what will happen if you don't buy it before you reach 660. you may get a 660 and not have a 441. Perish the thought!

in NC 200T's are 554.95 and 200's are 544.95. both 16" They just did a price change in january. They used to price the top and rear handle the same. And on a side note...this is whacked but the stinkin natioanl park service here is using 20" 3/8" full comp on some of their 260's as their primary setup. Can we stop the insanity?!?

We just had a twon locally buy 5 260 pros. They paid us to chainge all of them over to 20" 3/8 B&C. I tried to tell them this wasnt the best idea but it fell on deaf ears.

2 weeks later, htey paid us to change them all back to .325.

We just had a twon locally buy 5 260 pros. They paid us to chainge all of them over to 20" 3/8 B&C. I tried to tell them this wasnt the best idea but it fell on deaf ears.

They'l learn one way or another.

Okay, so what you're trying to say is that you have 5 bars and at least 10 chains for sale on FleaBay? :dizzy: ;)

Back