New Stihl Model?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Negative, we sell everything in house. I havent found that big of a market for used chains and bars. Alothough I have a TON of them. I have never sold anything on Ebay....yet!

in NC 200T's are 554.95 and 200's are 544.95. both 16" They just did a price change in january. They used to price the top and rear handle the same. And on a side note...this is whacked but the stinkin natioanl park service here is using 20" 3/8" full comp on some of their 260's as their primary setup. Can we stop the insanity?!?

Is the MS200 really that ?????in' of a saw? The cutters impregnated with diamonds? I would like to get a superlight limbing saw, and am actually considering a (gasp) Stihl. What kinda chain runs well in the 200, micro picco?

Negative, we sell everything in house. I havent found that big of a market for used chains and bars. Alothough I have a TON of them. I have never sold anything on Ebay....yet!

Just kidding around. Although I wouldn't blame you for exploring that option. Especially, if you have way more than your market is interested in.

I have sold a few things there and can't believe what folks will pay for some stuff. On the flip side, I have gotten some good deals and can't believe people are selling stuff that cheaply.

Is the MS200 really that ?????in' of a saw? The cutters impregnated with diamonds? I would like to get a superlight limbing saw, and am actually considering a (gasp) Stihl. What kinda chain runs well in the 200, micro picco?

That is what I woudl recommend, Picco. 63PM to be exact. Great little saws.

We just had a twon locally buy 5 260 pros. They paid us to chainge all of them over to 20" 3/8 B&C. I tried to tell them this wasnt the best idea but it fell on deaf ears.

2 weeks later, htey paid us to change them all back to .325.

Sometimes it's just so dayum HARD not to say "I told you so."

But in your case, their cash coming in kind of speaks volumes...

(Who said a dumb customer is a bad customer??)

The PMN is not rated for the 200T HP... You'll snap teeth off.. I know guys that tried to run it and they went back to 63PM or 63 PMC.

Thanks, guys. I'm having a little trouble with the Stihl nomenclature, 63PM is .063 gauge?

we have a couple guys who run the 61PMN on their 200's but it's few and far between. 61PMN= .043, 63PM, PM1, and PMC are .050. A number of our customers change their 180's over to the 63PM from the 61

we have a couple guys who run the 61PMN on their 200's but it's few and far between. 61PMN= .043, 63PM, PM1, and PMC are .050. A number of our customers change their 180's over to the 63PM from the 61

I find the 63pm on the MS180 and MS192 really messes up the performance. The 61 is really good on those saws.

OK, getting it. And PM1 would be with the bumper tie straps? How about the bar, stock bar good? 14".

Chances are that unless the saw has been on the shelf for several months it'll come equipped with the 63PMC, if it's been on the shelf a while it may have the old PM1 (tripple humped tie strap) one. We stock ours with 16's but i like a 14 on it. (we used to order our 192's with 16's thank god we don't anymore)

Many thanks, men, I'm off to watch a Bertolucci flick. Have a good evening.

PS It's such a pleasure to talk to people who actually know their stuff. I was talking to the only Stihl guy in my area, trying to see if he had a chain for my friend, and it was really hard. He kept saying "What size chain?" and when I said .325 he said "No, what size chain???" He meant what size bar, of course, and never could figure out if he had a chain for an MS 250 w/o humps.

As far as bar length/type. I like the 14" Light bars on my 200, 200T, and 192T. It is all a matter of preference though.

Latest posts

Back