New stove finally put in

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treemoss

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello again, Finally the stove was put in yesterday. The installer said he put 2 double insulated black pipe instead of 1 telescoping pipe to the 90°. He said there is no difference in air restriction because of the double insulated pipe. I thought 1 straight pipe would be better then 2 pipes connected. But he said no actually this way costed him more money.

Also the fire brick instructions said to put the bottom brick first from the back wall to the front. But when I do this the back wall brick hit the secondary air tube. So I have to put the back wall in first then the bottom brick I don't know if they changed the setup or not. Napoleon had no idea why. I send pics and they never got back to me.

Hello again, Finally the stove was put in yesterday. The installer said he put 2 double insulated black pipe instead of 1 telescoping pipe to the 90°. He said there is no difference in air restriction because of the double insulated pipe. I thought 1 straight pipe would be better then 2 pipes connected. But he said no actually this way costed him more money.

Also the fire brick instructions said to put the bottom brick first from the back wall to the front. But when I do this the back wall brick hit the secondary air tube. So I have to put the back wall in first then the bottom brick I don't know if they changed the setup or not. Napoleon had no idea why. I send pics and they never got back to me.

My Napoleon 1900 firebricks are placed together like the row of firebricks on the left in your picture. You would have a gap that is unprotected if you install it such as the row on the right.

My Napoleon 1900 firebricks are placed together like the row of firebricks on the left in your picture. You would have a gap that is unprotected if you install it such as the row on the right.

So I guess I should do it like the left side. Even tho the instructions say to put the bottom in first. It just doesn't work that way.

Thank you guys, I set up the bricks like on the left side. The baffle on top when pushed all the way back leaves a 2" gap in the front of the stove on top. I think this to much of a gap. The baffle is 16" long and the replacement baffle is 17". Should I change to the longer one so there is only a 1" gap so I don't lose all my heat because of a 2" gap.

Thank you guys, I set up the bricks like on the left side. The baffle on top when pushed all the way back leaves a 2" gap in the front of the stove on top. I think this to much of a gap. The baffle is 16" long and the replacement baffle is 17". Should I change to the longer one so there is only a 1" gap so I don't lose all my heat because of a 2" gap.

If the manufacturer went to that size, there had to be a reason, so I say ya, go for it.

If the manufacturer went to that size, there had to be a reason, so I say ya, go for it.

I thought maybe they shortened the baffle to give more air flow out, because people where having bad drafts. But the replacement baffle is an 1" longer. So your right there had to be a reason for the new size. But they will not tell me.

Back