New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he would like my new shiny ones tho
out with the old, and in with the new
View attachment 992741

Did you get those out of a BDSM catalogue? Shiny is so hard, he rolls trees in his slippers anyway….

In all seriousness, personally I prefer mid ankle boots for myself & crew as they give protection while still being able to run relatively well in. If we’re not jogging on a job, we’re not using all the gears in the gearbox.

Did you get those out of a BDSM catalogue? Shiny is so hard, he rolls trees in his slippers anyway….

In all seriousness, personally I prefer mid ankle boots for myself & crew as they give protection while still being able to run relatively well in. If we’re not jogging on a job, we’re not using all the gears in the gearbox.
they will look similar in a weeks time lol
the new ones have a massive heel which took re-learning to walk, have to walk with a very flat foot instead of rolling forward on my heel

Fun little deal here. I’m thinking 130 - 135’ tall. I threw the wraptor rope through a big lower crotch, came down, cleared lift out of the way and then went up like that. 200’ wraptor line had just enough to safely tie off on porty, the about a 3’ tail to get started with. What a nightmare. Did I mention the lightning across the lake? Lol. Would’ve gotten even further but it started pouring on me. After about a half hour of that I’d had enough. Should be able to get her with the lift today. The pick of the tops is looking up fully extended.
43F13A00-577C-4A95-9FF1-C3506329A5F4.jpeg44E644C0-AB72-4EC1-9B5C-977F7A466896.jpeg5E59F15C-95FA-456A-BAFF-B62F35BD474B.jpeg6F5BF1C2-B551-4324-B14A-E8907DA82F46.jpegBDB4B2E7-9BA3-4858-BF77-272D1A6A7926.jpeg

crane job for next saturday, going to probably pick a limb to get an idea of the weight, if we are good then we will pick the right tree in probably 3 picks, and the left side probably 4

1654166506086.png

should be an easy job. not much wood there.
we set the logs in the woods and go home, other than chipping 3 limbs that fell off another tree and waiting on the crane to set up im thinking 45 minutes tops
but we have it for 4 hours, so im going to take my time and make it go smooth, thats what im paid to do

20220601_144037.jpgSpruce removal from yesterday. Jason's been working for me 3.5 years now and has become a very competent climber. Started with very little experience.... the guy on my mini is a new recruit starting very strong. Hope to make another jason out of him. We have 5 full time guys now and myself, which has enabled us to split up the team to get more jobs done. I wouldn't quite call it 2 crews yet but its been very productive. Getting used to a heavier payroll!

20220601_144030.jpg20220601_142330.jpg20220601_152344.jpg

Attachments

• 20220601_144037.jpg
    20220601_144037.jpg
    799.3 KB · Views: 0
Another day at camp. Hauled out a brimming load of logs this morning while it finished raining out, then whipped up this 110 - 120’? Ash. Slingshot, wraptor and a good lean towards an awesome drop zone make it an easy days feeding. Just had to have the guys pull one double top backwards on top of the rest of it. Otherwise pretty enjoyable actually. Nice ripping 201tcm and tee shirt weather makes me enjoy “climbing”. Lol. Besides, had to wear a little sap off my rope and ZZ. Could’ve been a worlds record for quickest tree if it wasn’t for the groundies having to run back to truck for something a couple times.

You can see the stump from that pine the other day in the third pic. Still impressed I Made that thing fit in there without hitting a roof somehow.
C4AD3E42-60E5-499F-A41F-6782B2FBD8CB.jpeg5BF0D00B-C64A-4ED8-ACFE-D096004E316A.jpegC01FE5CE-D82B-4B4E-A8CC-D54423F68D90.jpeg

View attachment 993037Spruce removal from yesterday. Jason's been working for me 3.5 years now and has become a very competent climber. Started with very little experience.... the guy on my mini is a new recruit starting very strong. Hope to make another jason out of him. We have 5 full time guys now and myself, which has enabled us to split up the team to get more jobs done. I wouldn't quite call it 2 crews yet but its been very productive. Getting used to a heavier payroll!

View attachment 993031View attachment 993032View attachment 993033
I do like the pics, but those are a lot of stubbs! Would tell your guy to watch that!

Edit: I really wasn’t trying to pick, stubs just upset me. They’re almost never a good thing. Those are almost not even really stubs though, and if you’re not rigging, I guess who cares. They do always seem to come back to haunt though, one way or another, no matter how small. I find it better just to shave them up tight before they even get a chance to annoy.

Another day at camp. Hauled out a brimming load of logs this morning while it finished raining out, then whipped up this 110 - 120’? Ash. Slingshot, wraptor and a good lean towards an awesome drop zone make it an easy days feeding. Just had to have the guys pull one double top backwards on top of the rest of it. Otherwise pretty enjoyable actually. Nice ripping 201tcm and tee shirt weather makes me enjoy “climbing”. Lol. Besides, had to wear a little sap off my rope and ZZ. Could’ve been a worlds record for quickest tree if it wasn’t for the groundies having to run back to truck for something a couple times.

You can see the stump from that pine the other day in the third pic. Still impressed I Made that thing fit in there without hitting a roof somehow.
View attachment 993177View attachment 993176View attachment 993178

Are you feeling ok? All this time out of buckets & potties?

Just joking, good to see. When you say 'raptor', are you talking the mechanical hauling aid (ie: a petrol motor dragging your person up tree)? Any photos of your device?

On relatively simple up & down trees where we're spiking, like to have a speed climbing competition with my guys, basically saw started before leaving ground (clock starts), saw off when hit the ground (clock stops). Guys on ground get to call a time the climber has to beat. Usually the climber is just taking the canopy & upper bole out & setting pull line so can fell bole.

Eight minutes for a 25 odd metre tree currently personal best time, including waiting for ground crew to tie on pull rope to climbing line.

Keeps some fun in the day.

It’s just your basic old school two stroke raptor. Dug this pic out from December 8th 2011 when I got it. Is a super tool. Nothing like demolishing something with dual two stroke engines going.

When you get older you will realize how much extra wear and tear it takes on you spiking your way up big trees… then hauling up ropes, saw, pulley, etc.
65DC4FF8-FB07-402C-AF63-0B71FE847D2A.jpeg

It’s just your basic old school two stroke raptor. Dug this pic out from December 8th 2011 when I got it. Is a super tool. Nothing like demolishing something with dual two stroke engines going.

When you get older you will realize how much extra wear and tear it takes on you spiking your way up big trees… then hauling up ropes, saw, pulley, etc.
View attachment 993292
screw spikes if you are setting a line for this, just ropewalk for much cheaper
maybe not quite as fast and easy but much cheaper, and no second line in the tree

Latest posts

Back