New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I imagine, following this line of reasoning that one could hire a 16 year old as a sub contractor as well. All they would need is a general liability policy, which I’m sure in Banjo-land any insurance company would write up on the cheap. Lol.

As long as the 16 year old is self employed, I’m sure it’s fine.

See, that's the big problem. We don't probably have any idea what the contents are of whatever insurance he has, nor what liabilities his customers are incurring, should there be a work related injury.

I don't know about your area, but my region is positively infested with guys doing tree work that have no worker's comp insurance. Probably true for Zintree's operation, as well.

I would be surprised to learn that a crane company would work for someone that doesn't show proof of worker's comp, so maybe he is covered.

I have worked with more than a few crane services over the years, and never have been asked to produce workers comp (or anything else for that matter),

Everybody needs to make a living and I’m sure it’s just one of those things some people tend to conveniently overlook in the course of doing business, but honestly, I can’t see any operation around here hoisting a baby into a tree.

Got a typical highly technical MDS style job set up for this week. Me and my main ground guy went out and delivered mini G, some plyboard and a lift today. Job is out in the country a half hour away, and limited space for vehicles, so will be nice to just show up with the truck/chipper (and pickup), back up and go to work.

Hoping for five days pay in four with that bit of pre-planning/prep. Make up for the holiday.

Got a typical highly technical MDS style job set up for this week. Me and my main ground guy went out and delivered mini G, some plyboard and a lift today. Job is out in the country a half hour away, and limited space for vehicles, so will be nice to just show up with the truck/chipper (and pickup), back up and go to work.

Hoping for five days pay in four with that bit of pre-planning/prep. Make up for the holiday.
I hope today's rain is not screwing you up. I know we are sitting at home today.

Tow rig unexpectedly needed new breaks last week. Had to break out the old back up truck. 96 12v 2500 320,000 on the clock.

My brother said the colors remind him of Mardi Gras. A real head turner going down the road. Haha

Attachments

• 20220902_162051.jpg
    20220902_162051.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 1
10lbs in a 5lbs bag. I strap the jib down for transport. I'll see if I can find a picture. This works fairly well until we buy a tilt deck in the spring

Absolute tong hammer, pretty much booked out for the year & filling up next. The real constraint is numbers of good staff, which is partly why good operators who are still in business are so busy, basically not enough people in the workforce to do all the work there is demand for. And if your an employee, with half decent skills, there is plenty of $200K jobs begging for staff in the resources industry.

Anyway took a Saturday morning off to do quotes, looked at a good national park job to get a campground open from fires eight months ago & snuck in a quick surf at a favourite tucked away beach nearby. Good to see a healthy carpet python moving in the burn area.

German shepherd might be the supermodel of the operation, but the pedigree mongrel is brains & muscle. No one gets within 50m of the equipment without his permission.

DB4D3873-D5D8-44BE-99D5-30A6CED37FEB.jpeg

897B664F-37E0-4DA0-8366-184806977CB1.jpeg

F4092359-DEE5-41EA-A025-4BE54A141025.jpeg

E7C6E0BE-2A12-4D8D-8B98-62B6B1E443BE.jpeg

F3264D32-583E-49EB-9F80-6FFFF6638193.jpeg

B815C20D-BE6B-474D-9106-4893551033EC.jpeg

2F62A96F-CBDB-4703-BB03-5900A6E95C1B.jpeg

Back