New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 87-48aj that I like to rent has been rented out by some guy until the the end of summer. Yikes!
bummer!! Time to buy one of your own??

I did buy that log truck today. It's going to take some time to get it to TreemasterLLC condition. It is not nearly a pretty as the MDS truck!

Looking forward to a little courtyard birch at a hospital tomorrow. Borrowing a battery powered echo saw

20230503_145622.jpg

I learn a lot from you! I always appreciate any advice, recommendations, and even snarky comments. You've been at it much longer than I.

gonna take a look at this old beast tomorrow

View attachment 1083514

Now that old beast is Mad Max spec!!

Be very cool to bring it back to glory, looks extremely useful.

20230515_093519.jpg

We did an oopsie and jacked up the bucket on a branch while reversing the truck.

Chain skipped a tooth and some hoses busted. Bucket itself has to be replaced.

Can anyone guess the estimate cost to repair by Terex?

View attachment 1083945

We did an oopsie and jacked up the bucket on a branch while reversing the truck.

Chain skipped a tooth and some hoses busted. Bucket itself has to be replaced.

Can anyone guess the estimate cost to repair by Terex?

Damn man, that’s a bad day! I’m sorry!

If you really want me to guess on repair costs from Terex, I’m just gonna guess 12k or more? That’s not knowing what they might have to do with the chain and possibly sprocket, etc.

View attachment 1083976
I did it. 2022 g1200hd (non tele) with 94hrs. Got it for $35,500. Figured if I don’t like it, I’ll get my money back out of it.

For like 11 grand more (maybe more now) I could’ve hooked you up with a dude and you could’ve gotten a tele and just been done with it. They’re sick!! Perfect tree machine!!

At least you got a rotator!

View attachment 1083976
I did it. 2022 g1200hd (non tele) with 94hrs. Got it for $35,500. Figured if I don’t like it, I’ll get my money back out of it.
I'm so glad to see a rotator on that Giant. I'd recommend foam filling the tires at the expense of a rougher ride.

The best modification I did to that damn grapple is remove the tree pusher on the top. You can push trees with the grapple fully open, tilted back and use the attachment plate area to push.

In addition, I reinforced the area where the trailor hitch adapter goes in. 1,700+ Hrs things get a bit smashed up.

I forsee you bending the crap out of the front steel fenders. The design is totally different than the teli model. Other than that your going to not look back. Make sure you get the purple mattress pad for the seat.

Attachments

• 20230205_085313.jpg
    20230205_085313.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230205_085516.jpg
    20230205_085516.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
Hi MDS, perhaps some videos of the 19xpc in action with that mighty John Deere? If it’s not beyond your technical abilities …. I understand that old timers have a hard time adapting to technology

For like 11 grand more (maybe more now) I could’ve hooked you up with a dude and you could’ve gotten a tele and just been done with it. They’re sick!! Perfect tree machine!!

At least you got a rotator!
I have the sales receipt for this machine from when he purchased it last April. He paid 45k for it with the grapple. I look at it that I saved 10k off a new one. I never finance any of my equipment, so this fit my budget better as well.

Truthfully, I ideally want a ditch witch sk1550, but a new one is around 60k and a year wait. A used one with 500 to 800 hours is 45k to 50k. So I chose to try the giant out and see how I like it. A lot better value when you think I got this one for 35k with 94hrs on it and it still has warranty left. Everyone that I have talked to who owns a mini articulating loader is a fan of them, and some guys have minis and articulating loaders in their fleets. Most guys around my area run Avants since we have a good dealer.

Hi MDS, perhaps some videos of the 19xpc in action with that mighty John Deere? If it’s not beyond your technical abilities …. I understand that old timers have a hard time adapting to technology

You hit the nail on the head there, sonny! Lol. I have done it, but not working for me now.

I’m still having problems with the feed system on that machine. Generally it works fine, but there’s a glitch in it somewhere that causes it (both wheels or just the top) to all the sudden stop. Super annoying. I have had the pressures adjusted and everything. At this point it’s just an aggravation that I live with. Sometimes pushing the slow-feed knob works to kick it back in, sometimes the winch needs to be released and retightened, sometimes raise and drop the feed wheel. Then I’ll work fine.

I’m thinking someday I’m gonna have to have my mechanic out while we’re doing a lot of chipping to try and isolate it. It’s just hard to coordinate.

I have the sales receipt for this machine from when he purchased it last April. He paid 45k for it with the grapple. I look at it that I saved 10k off a new one. I never finance any of my equipment, so this fit my budget better as well.

Truthfully, I ideally want a ditch witch sk1550, but a new one is around 60k and a year wait. A used one with 500 to 800 hours is 45k to 50k. So I choose to try the giant out and see how I like it. A lot better value when you think I got a one for 35k with 94hrs on it and still has warranty. Everyone that I have talked to who owns a mini articulating loader is a fan of them, and some guys have minis and articulating loaders in their fleets. Most guys around my area run Avants since we have a good dealer.

I’ve never run a mini, so I can’t comment on those. I did look at the 1550 and the G1200 back when I bought mine. I thought the 1550 looked pretty nice, just couldn’t imagine having no reach like that. That and a lot of times I’m feeding the chipper on someone’s mint driveway (or lawn with the giant) and just couldn’t see the turning not being an issue. The giant will never leave a scuff.I know tracks are sick off road (from the lifts), that’s just not a big concern for me.

Congratulations on the machine!! I think you’ll love it!

You hit the nail on the head there, sonny! Lol. I have done it, but not working for me now.

I’m still having problems with the feed system on that machine. Generally it works fine, but there’s a glitch in it somewhere that causes it (both wheels or just the top) to all the sudden stop. Super annoying. I have had the pressures adjusted and everything. At this point it’s just an aggravation that I live with. Sometimes pushing the slow-feed knob works to kick it back in, sometimes the winch needs to be released and retightened, sometimes raise and drop the feed wheel. Then I’ll work fine.

I’m thinking someday I’m gonna have to have my mechanic out while we’re doing a lot of chipping to try and isolate it. It’s just hard to coordinate.
That is an annoying issue. I’m plotting my next move (slowly) and my colleagues tell me that the 19xpc is a total animal. But I think my next chipper will be a 6 cylinder diesel

Yikes. What a bummer. Hopefully you can do an insurance claim.

There could be a whole new profit center here!!
That is an annoying issue. I’m plotting my next move (slowly) and my colleagues tell me that the 19xpc is a total animal. But I think my next chipper will be a 6 cylinder diesel

I think the weight becomes an issue pretty quickly when you get into the six cylinders… that and price. I love the JD 173 and have never wished for a bigger chipper since buying the 19xpc. Seems just perfect to me (other than the issue I mentioned, which is probably something stupid, just a matter of finding it).

I've got a 19xpc gas with a 5.7 psi, it's an unbelievable chipper. At 9,890lbs its under CDL and will put an 18xp to shame. The feed system is very impressive. Gone are the days of having a guy baby the chipper standing next to it lifting the top feed wheel.

I guess the ford 6.2 is the way to go in a 19xpc

I never thought I would go gas but I love it.

Latest posts

Back