New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's one hell of a set up there. Ultimate kill kit!

Thanks. It is pretty sweet having both on the same job. I can do the backyard out of reach type stuff with the lift and then get the driveway trees or whatever else there might be with the quickness in the bucket. Start in the back, work your way out. Just like the old days.

It’s no accident that everything I have can tow anything in the “fleet” either. I saved an hour and a half of road time towing the chipper back with half a load of logs in the log truck today.

Should have a second class A Friday when my other guy tests. Other dude has the B, so he tows the mini with the bucket usually. Gonna be really nice having two other drivers I know and trust for these long distance out of town runs (23 + miles or more lol).

Thanks. It is pretty sweet having both on the same job. I can do the backyard out of reach type stuff with the lift and then get the driveway trees or whatever else there might be with the quickness in the bucket. Start in the back, work your way out. Just like the old days.

It’s no accident that everything I have can tow anything in the “fleet” either. I saved an hour and a half of road time towing the chipper back with half a load of logs in the log truck today.

Should have a second class A Friday when my other guy tests. Other dude has the B, so he tows the mini with the bucket usually. Gonna be really nice having two other drivers I know and trust for these long distance out of town runs (23 + miles or more lol).
Slick setup. Who drives the plyboard truck??? We have more trucks right now than drivers too. 52 mile commute today

Slick setup. Who drives the plyboard truck??? We have more trucks right now than drivers too. 52 mile commute today

Lol. No plywood truck. Plyboard rides with the mini in the dump trailer (we don’t actually use it for wood since we have the log truck).

We were about 1000’ from the shop today as the crow flies. Deadwooding Bradford Pears (I mean Cleveland Selct). Part of an estate type pruning job that I hate, but is relatively decent money for what it is.

Busted out the pruning chipper. Still looks pretty good 11 years after painting!
B3674E15-AC79-4898-A57E-1BCD0EFC250A.jpeg

Lol. No plywood truck. Plyboard rides with the mini in the dump trailer (we don’t actually use it for wood since we have the log truck).

We were about 1000’ from the shop today as the crow flies. Deadwooding Bradford Pears (I mean Cleveland Selct). Part of an estate type pruning job that I hate, but is relatively decent money for what it is.

Busted out the pruning chipper. Still looks pretty good 11 years after painting!
View attachment 1092200
I like that your 250xp is your "pruning" chipper! How do you stage the wood and mini in your dump trailer? Plywood in front and mini behind? Does it get too back heavy?

For the first time in several months all 3 of our chippers are back at the yard and fully functional! Lately the altec has been the winner in the bunch.
20230624_180934.jpg

Lead volume is still a bit slow around here. I think I only went on 7 or 8 residential bids this week, which is about 20 shy of where I'd like to be. Have a nice penndot job to look at monday. One of these days I'm going to win one.

I like that your 250xp is your "pruning" chipper! How do you stage the wood and mini in your dump trailer? Plywood in front and mini behind? Does it get too back heavy?

For the first time in several months all 3 of our chippers are back at the yard and fully functional! Lately the altec has been the winner in the bunch.
View attachment 1092668

Lead volume is still a bit slow around here. I think I only went on 7 or 8 residential bids this week, which is about 20 shy of where I'd like to be. Have a nice penndot job to look at monday. One of these days I'm going to win one.

Plywood in the front, mini in the back. Seems to balance out just right. It’s technically a 14 - 16k 16’ trailer, so is pretty heavy duty. Derated to 9990lbs , but still well under 10k with that machine, attachments and plyboard. Lol

Sold 3.5 weeks of work (between just three jobs, two are next door neighbors where we can leave equipment) at top dollar Friday. Definitely helped. Might be a new one day sales record. I really can’t remember, but definitely was appreciated!

That veermere (sp?) looks like a beast!!
We like it!
20230627_093559.jpg
Lots of grinding today. The Rayco my sub uses is an animal. It would have taken me more than all day to do 3 huge spruce stumps with my little vermeer.

Used the tractor and mini skid with grab rake to clean up the chips. Worked like a giant dust pan. Should have taken some pics. Sped up cleanup exponentially

Nice easy bucket takedowns today and tomorrow. Actually able to reach five trees from this setup. It should be a beautiful view of the lake except for the smoke from up north returned.

That’s actually just a little garage. This dude owns two of the last building lots on the much desired lake, basically sitting on a small fortune.

Nice break from trimming, omg!

Oh, and my dog chillin for K9. Lol.
E50535E8-9A48-45DC-9182-29653C07F7D1.jpegB5E0DC4D-22AE-4573-8C11-2EBA5BA7B10E.jpeg52ABDC33-BFBB-4020-B344-9CC2FCAC1697.jpeg9B6E517A-CC76-44F9-8924-026F97D77C3F.jpeg

Nice easy bucket takedowns today and tomorrow. Actually able to reach five trees from this setup. It should be a beautiful view of the lake except for the smoke from up north returned.

That’s actually just a little garage. This dude owns two of the last building lots on the much desired lake, basically sitting on a small fortune.

Nice break from trimming, omg!

Oh, and my dog chillin for K9. Lol.
View attachment 1093714View attachment 1093715View attachment 1093713View attachment 1093716

Typically hardworking German Shephered guard dog....

Had two hydraulic hoses blow on the mini today - right in the middle of good production (isn’t that always the way!) just coming out of the rotator, looks like they were twisted the way they were routed, so rubbing more than they should’ve been. Way to slow a Friday afternoon down! Had the second chip truck empty, all staged and everything. So now I’ve got that to deal with. Typical tree stuff though. Could’ve used the chipper winch on this pile, but really is kinda old fashioned now, and still rips a property up, even with a shovel under the butt. The mini rules these kind of jobs!
3CD4DDA2-A70C-481C-AE04-51971656F9BD.jpeg

1 of 50 dogs In the US, And 1 of 3 in New York State, in 2019, With the champion tracker title. You can't hide from this dog. The wife had cancer During the training And the trials and she still pulled it off. The dog and her were a perfect team...

Attachments

• 20230630_183019.jpg
    20230630_183019.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20230630_182836.jpg
    20230630_182836.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 0
Had two hydraulic hoses blow on the mini today - right in the middle of good production (isn’t that always the way!) just coming out of the rotator, looks like they were twisted the way they were routed, so rubbing more than they should’ve been. Way to slow a Friday afternoon down! Had the second chip truck empty, all staged and everything. So now I’ve got that to deal with. Typical tree stuff though. Could’ve used the chipper winch on this pile, but really is kinda old fashioned now, and still rips a property up, even with a shovel under the butt. The mini rules these kind of jobs!
View attachment 1093894
Sorry to hear about you hose mishap. It's always the hose on the outside that fatigues and blows. I wrapped mine in tubular chafe sleeve and then the spiral wrap. Hopefully that does the trick.

I usually order a full hose kit from branch manager that way I always have a backup. I blew that same line last week, it tends to rub on the rotator guard.

I usually order a full hose kit from branch manager that way I always have a backup. I blew that same line last week, it tends to rub on the rotator guard.

That’s a great tip man! Truthfully I just dropped it off at my mechanic’s so I didn’t have to deal with it. I would’ve probably had to have him make the hoses anyway.

The fittings he had didn’t have as sharp a bend in them, but he says he can make it work. I may end up ordering the hose kit through BM or MTE for backup like you suggested. Thanks!

I should get spare hoses for my BMG, and maybe have them 12" shorter, the stock ones are long enough that the hose lays infront of the front teeth on the pusher plate deal, and get crushed by logs
I hate my branch manager on most jobs, BUT with it on a giant its a game changer, I can manipulate that knock around like nobodys business, vs on the mini skid it looks like day 1 and ive had it over a year!

need me a giant, debating on a non tele 1200 for more capacity since I dont need reach so much, BUT the tele is too useful

I should get spare hoses for my BMG, and maybe have them 12" shorter, the stock ones are long enough that the hose lays infront of the front teeth on the pusher plate deal, and get crushed by logs
I hate my branch manager on most jobs, BUT with it on a giant its a game changer, I can manipulate that knock around like nobodys business, vs on the mini skid it looks like day 1 and ive had it over a year!

need me a giant, debating on a non tele 1200 for more capacity since I dont need reach so much, BUT the tele is too useful
The non teli doesn’t make much sense in my opinion. I always use the teli function. "Get stuck, push your way out"

Also, do not get a knock around style grapple in conjunction with the baby giant. The joystick is so intuitive that it makes it very precise. The bmg scoops along with power rotation allows you to manipulate the scoops with great accuracy.

It's the ultimate small tree machine imo.

This is how we carry our scoops and rake to every job!

Attachments

• 20230430_134546.jpg
    20230430_134546.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0

Latest posts

Back