New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do you find the billboard advertising?

Does it bring in a decent amount of leads?

* Personally I’d infarct if it was my hairy baboon arse on a giant sign above the road.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it to most tree services but it is not terribly expensive. I just thought it would look kind of ridiculous and eye grabbing to put my foreman up there!

Had to look up "infarct". Jason is the guy with 12 kids. Quite the extrovert. I think he'll get a kick out of it.

Tomorrow will be a rare working Saturday. Hope to get this tree off the house quickly in a safe manner. Little 15 ton crane will be able to snuggle up close to the house. Then back to "dadurday"

How's your little one recovering?

noname.jpgnoname (1).jpgnoname (2).jpg

I used to get tennis elbow all the time. It was a chronic condition. Painful, debilitating, and the doctors hadn't any real solutions. Certainly none that worked.
Then I started drinking green tea, and it went away. Hmmm....

When I stopped drinking green tea, the tennis elbow came back! Return to drinking the green hay water: all my tennis elbow goes away. I've been doing this for about 20 years now. If I feel the tennis elbow coming back on, a couple days of green tea, and it clears right up.

If you have really inflamed bursitis (tennis elbow), I'd try at least a month of drinking two cups of green tea every day. If it doesn't help, at least you can be assured it didn't cost a lot of money and it won't hurt you. That's a lot better than anything the doctor will recommend.
500 mg of Turmeric twice a day for a month will likely do the same thing
Did for my plantar fasciatis

Is that Potty at near full stick in photo 3?

And what's that poor bugger doing lugging wood with all those machines on-site? How do you like the 500i now?

Yeah, pretty sure full stick. Generally perfect for my area. I find the outreach to be equally (if not more) valuable than the height.

That dude just got his class A a couple weeks ago. He's a top caliber worker/guy. Just not very experienced with the machines yet, and that hill was a little extreme to have him on, so just making piles to keep busy. We're working on getting him more machine time in.

That 500i seems to give me a hard time every time I go to start it. I've sarcastically nicknamed it "Super-Stihl". I'm not too good with the primer bulb deal, it actually seems a little lazy to return once pushed, maybe I'm just not that used to it yet. I never know how many times to push the stupid thing once it's been running a few minutes earlier? It's definitely a screamer though. Kind of a little high on the decibel side for my ears, to be honest. I kind of think a regular old carb would be nice lol.

I'm not sure if I'd recommend it to most tree services but it is not terribly expensive. I just thought it would look kind of ridiculous and eye grabbing to put my foreman up there!

Had to look up "infarct". Jason is the guy with 12 kids. Quite the extrovert. I think he'll get a kick out of it.

Tomorrow will be a rare working Saturday. Hope to get this tree off the house quickly in a safe manner. Little 15 ton crane will be able to snuggle up close to the house. Then back to "dadurday"

How's your little one recovering?

View attachment 1099069View attachment 1099070View attachment 1099071

Can’t see why that leader failed at all….

Looks tricky, quite a bit of structural damage?

Twelve kids is quite the feat of self punishment!! Sure they’ll like seeing dad up on the billboard.

My boy is recovering well, home this week coming. Went up to see them over weekend (having to stay close to regional hospital).

Womens world cup is on (soccer mad Wogs) & he’s rocking AC/DC on the electric guitar, at 6.

02B18D4E-1581-454A-839F-2E38CD96A863.jpeg

69F19467-BDDC-47DB-A25A-4FDD53015C53.jpeg

0DAC4CC3-55F5-4911-B658-7F4260F8809C.jpeg

E03F1881-D4A7-40E3-8B6F-FE94CD341CB2.jpeg

Yeah, pretty sure full stick. Generally perfect for my area. I find the outreach to be equally (if not more) valuable than the height.

That dude just got his class A a couple weeks ago. He's a top caliber worker/guy. Just not very experienced with the machines yet, and that hill was a little extreme to have him on, so just making piles to keep busy. We're working on getting him more machine time in.

That 500i seems to give me a hard time every time I go to start it. I've sarcastically nicknamed it "Super-Stihl". I'm not too good with the primer bulb deal, it actually seems a little lazy to return once pushed, maybe I'm just not that used to it yet. I never know how many times to push the stupid thing once it's been running a few minutes earlier? It's definitely a screamer though. Kind of a little high on the decibel side for my ears, to be honest. I kind of think a regular old carb would be nice lol.

Know the feeling with inexperienced crew &
machines, can be tricky to find the right balance between them getting time on the machine, machine not getting damaged & job efficiency.

No doubt the 500i is loud. One pump on the bulb is my default, I don’t worry to much about the non-return of the bulb, one saw stay’s partially deflated, one always returns.

Know the feeling with inexperienced crew &
machines, can be tricky to find the right balance between them getting time on the machine, machine not getting damaged & job efficiency.

No doubt the 500i is loud. One pump on the bulb is my default, I don’t worry to much about the non-return of the bulb, one saw stay’s partially deflated, one always returns.

I don't have a lot of experience with having guys run the machines, but it seems to me so far that they either get it or they don't. I had one kid that just got worse the more hours he put on the mini, after a while it was just too much to watch so easier to do it myself. The part time guy I used to have seemed to pick it up the minute he got on it. I'm really hoping this guy gets it, not only for production, but for morale in general.

I was pretty nervous on that last pick but the crane op was confident he could do it. 175 an hour seems a little steep for a 15 ton but it was a life saver for this job.

What size cranes do you run?

He must have been set up pretty close to make 6500lb pick with a 15 ton

Here's a local tree service I haven't seen before. Great first impression. Here they are strapping their dump trailer shut after skipping past the sign in station (where you pay)

Attachments

• 20230724_120052.jpg
    20230724_120052.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 1
Here's a local tree service I haven't seen before. Great first impression. Here they are strapping their dump trailer shut after skipping past the sign in station (where you pay)
I think I've seen this guy around town

hard to beat his prices, $150 per tree big or small and $25 a stump!

Not a bad Monday. Got set up and got a couple dead ash down. The one was actually pretty good sized, easy with the lift though. That white oak is actually a double trunked tree, just can’t tell from that angle. Gonna be some work there. There’s a well like ten feet to the left of it too, which is gonna slow things down. Probably break out the grcs once I get the brush off it.
56B5F648-F0BB-4C42-82DB-A59C1717146E.jpeg
B3F5D548-FE56-4234-9648-542CAE5C16DA.jpegEE5F583D-7D08-496D-AD64-84598F97888C.jpeg

Back