New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So a piece of equipment that has reached it’s depreciation plateau like that, is called in to do decent days work in the year….

Think that $1,100 would be covered nicely….

Personally would keep the capacity potential.
If your not using the chipper get rid of the f-ing thing.

Life is not about how many things you can hold on to but how many things you can let go of.

Just my 2 cents

I didn't know there was a 220t. It looks battery powered?
That saw looks rather turd like? What’s the deal?

Other than that, nice work as always!!
You said it….

Allegedly the Stih pro battery climbing saw & equivalent of the Husky 540i top handle.

It has a decent amount of zip for a battery saw, but certainly can't push it hard like a petrol saw.

The DBa rating for the user is higher than the 201T, certainly from a distance it's quieter, but using it, has the high pitched whirring which still requires hearing protection.

The weight of the unit is at either end (battery & motor), so in your hand it feel’s heavy & awkward compared to a petrol climbing saw where the weight is under your hand.

And you simply can't make fast cuts, which as we all know, can be critical at times with aerial stuff.

In short, I don't think it does anything better than a good petrol climbing saw, should have bought another 201 or maybe one of the Echo models.

Actually took some pics of todays back alley scuffle with this Norway. Pretty fun other than having crappy access to the chipper, as that was literally the only place to put the lift. Guys kept up though.

I wish I had a video of that MDS style trivect rigging cut. Pics just don’t do it justice. Lol.
View attachment 1110575View attachment 1110576
View attachment 1110578View attachment 1110577
View attachment 1110579

"Back alley scuffle" - ha ha!! Good phrase that one.

Funky rigging. Took me a while to decipher the spider web. They obviously trusted you enough to leave the legendary fly-mo 'lawnmower' underneath in the adjoining yard. No gloves on green helmet ground guy?

Wow worked picked up a lot over here. There was a bit of a summer slump and it's really humming.

Planted some trees for a nearby county today. Nice foot in the door for us.

Bought a new LS tractor last week. Waiting on the 3rd function kit install before we corrupt that poor shiny new machine! My new holland has been breaking down 2 times per week so we figured it's time.

Wow worked picked up a lot over here. There was a bit of a summer slump and it's really humming.

Planted some trees for a nearby county today. Nice foot in the door for us.

Bought a new LS tractor last week. Waiting on the 3rd function kit install before we corrupt that poor shiny new machine! My new holland has been breaking down 2 times per week so we figured it's time.

What is an ‘LS’ tractor?

Been looking at cheap small tractors to use in one of my woodyards & for my dad, he’s rough on gear, so would have to be an old warhorse unit.

A less expensive version of New holland, manufactured in South Korea.
IMG_20230907_181059_01.jpg

They are 20-30 percent less than JD and kubota but supposedly have comparable quality. We are going use and abuse this poor thing. I'll let you know in 2025 if it works out!

I found a great deal on a used tracked skid steer locally. I have a bit of buyers remorse now but I think it will be a great unit. Aside from trailers this is the first piece of new equipment I've bought.

A less expensive version of New holland, manufactured in South Korea.
TYM built? if so then it basically is a john deere, atleast to my understanding TYM builds deeres small tractors
buddy of mine has a 3E series and a stick ran up and broke his throttle control unit, bought a new one for a few hundred bucks and had to tow it to the dealer so they could plug it in
HUGE advantage to the one you bought, right to repair
yanmar diesel in that one?

TYM built? if so then it basically is a john deere, atleast to my understanding TYM builds deeres small tractors
buddy of mine has a 3E series and a stick ran up and broke his throttle control unit, bought a new one for a few hundred bucks and had to tow it to the dealer so they could plug it in
HUGE advantage to the one you bought, right to repair
yanmar diesel in that one?

Im not sure if it's a Yanmar. It's a 3cyl 35 hp, which I think is a good size for what we do. Strong enough to lift 1000 pounds but not so heavy that it destroys lawns. The reason why I gravitate towards tractors as opposed to articulated loaders is the dual functionality. Grapple in the front and PTO winch in the back. We use our winches all the time for felling leaners. Also works well as a counter ballast. If I lived in a city with tight spaces I might have a different philosophy though. Hoping to get a second winch at an auction on Saturday.

My 210HP cummins from my vermeer needs to be rebuilt. Jasper wants over 10k to do it! yikes. I'm hoping to find someone local. It's a bit of a mongel type engine so I can't find an already rebuilt one.

My 210HP cummins from my vermeer needs to be rebuilt. Jasper wants over 10k to do it! yikes. I'm hoping to find someone local. It's a bit of a mongel type engine so I can't find an already rebuilt one.
itll be an industrial bell housing bolt pattern so id look for any large generator engine or something out of a cheaper semi, figure out the exact bell housing (SAE 1,2,3, etc) and most larger CAT, Cummins, Deere, etc will drop right in, might have to weld up motor mounts but itll work fine
probably way late but your rollover bucket truck had a 6.7 cummins right? that should drop right in since it too will be an industrial bellhousing (only a few options to choose from and adapting them is super easy)

...The reason why I gravitate towards tractors as opposed to articulated loaders is the dual functionality. Grapple in the front and PTO winch in the back. We use our winches all the time for felling leaners. Also works well as a counter ballast. If I lived in a city with tight spaces I might have a different philosophy though. Hoping to get a second winch at an auction on Saturday.

You might recall that I mounted a winch to the front end, attached to the top-frame of my loader grapple.
Grapple & winch on A300 Bobcat
This is so much better than the rear winch (in many cases), because the winch pulls in the tree, then the grapple finishes the carry back to the truck. I can reach over an 8 foot tall fence, reel in a large log or bundle of branches, then spool it right up into the waiting grapple, then carry it back to the truck. Furthermore, the operator gets to put his full attention on the winching operation, because he's not turned around in the operators seat.

Obviously, any PTO winch will be way stronger and faster, though.

Latest posts

Back