New thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The mini-Giant reminds me of a bullant (one of the savage invertebrates we get).

30mm long, full of blind fury & ability to sting repeatedly, massive nippers!!
Nice looking grapple. You sure take good care of your equipment.

What's your winter plan this year? Keep as busy as you can with residential?

Busy day of varied small jobs today.

Some backyards in town, then too the beach for some small, annoying coastal trees (everyone wants their ocean views), then down to a national park campground to deal with some forest tree hazards before the long weekend. Nice evening in the forest, finish by headtorch. Spring weather, hot girlies popping up everywhere.

One thing have found over the years in outdoor sports & work in general, doing them in the dark is great for developing proficiency.

View attachment 1114277

View attachment 1114279

View attachment 1114278

View attachment 1114282

View attachment 1114281

View attachment 1114280
Nice view of the ocean from that deck. I see you're back to the petrol saw!

When's your move to Tasmania happening?

The mini-Giant reminds me of a bullant (one of the savage invertebrates we get).

30mm long, full of blind fury & ability to sting repeatedly, massive nippers!!

Pretty good description of the mini-giant. Angry sounding little bastard and blindingly fast with a seasoned operator and power rotator. The turning is incredibly tight and you can practically drive over tulips without hurting them. Very well thought out for tree work.

Pretty good description of the mini-giant. Angry sounding little bastard and blindingly fast with a seasoned operator and power rotator. The turning is incredibly tight and you can practically drive over tulips without hurting them. Very well thought out for tree work.
i can hear boy george singing tip toe through the tulips now!

Yep, I can track over tulips as well.

It’s more that they are being planted for next year though….

Nice view of the ocean from that deck. I see you're back to the petrol saw!

When's your move to Tasmania happening?

Guy in that house is proper hilarious - schister from northern UK, a jeweller, can see some world class surf spots from the deck. As he said in his strong Pommy accent “I wont ta’be eble to see tha surf from me’ table, und ah dont aven surf”

He gets points on my book though, blew up one if my competitors “Whose tha short little fat coont, ya now, Kiwi fella? Kicked him orff ma’ property uh did. Angry little coont”

Got a good laugh when he told me that. You know it’s good client rapport when you have a good laugh & call each other nicknames, certainly a side I’ll miss, the rapid cognitive processing & good humour have with many clients, along with the respect & reputation for good quality work.

Autumn next year, so trying to keep mountains of work coming in to pay the bills.

Don’t mention the electric bastard, worst buy in a long time.

" I would know best...."

Bud lite is not my favorite beer. I do remember "this weird fellow" on the Ed Sullivan show. Sparked a few jokes for while.
Had to put my wife's Champion German Shepard to sleep on Friday - Sarcoma. The same cancer Lisa died of, but a different type. My wife Lisa and the dog Ziva as a pup:

Attachments

• IMG_20230917_191255.jpg
    IMG_20230917_191255.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 0
There are some real characters out there for sure.

I have this one super rich dude that apparently gets a kick out of trying to pick me up. Totally hilarious as the MDS is just as straight as they come, but that doesn’t seem to stop this dude. I think he does it to **** with me is all.

At first I was like “wtf”??!! Now, I just kind of laugh it off. He’s actually a really cool/funny dude and very good to work for. I also admire his “I’m super rich and just don’t GAF” attitude.

Def barking up the wrong treeguy though lol.

" I would know best...."

Bud lite is not my favorite beer. I do remember "this weird fellow" on the Ed Sullivan show. Sparked a few jokes for while.
Had to put my wife's Champion German Shepard to sleep on Friday - Sarcoma. The same cancer Lisa died of, but a different type. My wife Lisa and the dog Ziva as a pup:

That is really sad, sorry to hear.

Spring has sprunged.

Busy. Plenty of elapid snakes on the move, especially in the places we’re working. Quite a bit of possum throwing going on as well. Not sure Team Latin are as keen on the wildlife as me.

Being down a truck license is ensuring extra hours behind wheels for my person. Bit of a bugger, but just working with it for time being.

5A7DAA73-1518-4665-A1A6-C445B7CB4639.jpeg

65F26B00-6C0D-4356-AA13-CEC922E48E51.jpeg

116886C4-5304-4DEA-850C-1C6C1F540648.jpeg

995C644E-0CF4-494C-A6B7-E101A072B9C0.jpeg

"Good dudes"

Rules me out.
Well if you are looking for tree removal services in your area, I will recommend Clarksville TN Tree Service because they are professional in tree caring, they provide top-notch tree removal, pruning, and stump grinding services to residential and commercial customers in the Clarksville area

Back