New to me Husky 22 ton

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave_dj1

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
You all know what they look like but this one is like brand new, to good of a price to pass up so it followed me home today! I figure I'll use it until I finish building mine.
I did get to use it for a bit today and I must say that the vertical mode was pretty handy in chunking up some 30" diameter red oak butts I had in the pile. I am pleased with it for the most part, speed is perfect if working alone. It rattles terribly so I will look into that. I am also going to build some tables on it, a wider one on the passenger side and a 8" or so one on the drivers side. All in all a good little splitter. I figure I will sell it once I get mine up and running.:rock:

Make sure your tables can remove so they are not in the way vertical.:msp_thumbup:

Be sure to check the lovejoy coupling between the motor and pump..mine worked loose from factory "rattled" and tore the rubber cushion up..i relined and replaced it.... loctited eveything..still running...

I never thought of having them removable, why would they be in the way? The "other" side is going to be out about a foot with a curve up, mostly flat though. I guess I could see where they might be in the way in vert. mode.

Thanks for the heads up on the lovejoy connection, I'll look into that in the morning.

I think most of the noise is coming from the pin that it pivots on to go to vertical. Maybe a washer or two and some rubber.
thanks all
dave

I never thought of having them removable, why would they be in the way? The "other" side is going to be out about a foot with a curve up, mostly flat though. I guess I could see where they might be in the way in vert. mode.

Thanks for the heads up on the lovejoy connection, I'll look into that in the morning.

I think most of the noise is coming from the pin that it pivots on to go to vertical. Maybe a washer or two and some rubber.
thanks all
dave

I bought the table from TSC for $50:

SpeeCo Log Catcher - 2156001 | Tractor Supply Company

It doesn't get in the way when you do vertical splitting, some people say the table is a bit small but its plenty big for me.

The first thing I did when I got my Huskee 22 was realign the lovejoy coupler. They don't come properly aligned from the factory and will self destruct quickly.

The holes are elongated for the hydraulic pump, just loosen them up and shift the pump around until it lines up. I used a straight edge to aid in the alignment.

seems that i have went full retard temporarily. im not sure what your talking about. Just alighn the top and bottom up side to side front to back on the outside?

The holes are elongated for the hydraulic pump, just loosen them up and shift the pump around until it lines up. I used a straight edge to aid in the alignment.

Or slip a hose clamp over the union/joint of the lovejoy tighten up the clamp, tighten the pump bolts, and then remove clamp.

Also check your pump mount and motor mount bolts. They will work loose, so it's a good idea to take out one bolt at a time, loctite them, and put it back on. KD

seems that i have went full retard temporarily. im not sure what your talking about. Just alighn the top and bottom up side to side front to back on the outside?

You want to align both halves of the lovejoy coupler up so that the rubber cushion(they call it a spider) that's between the two doesn't get torn up.

You want all three parts aligned just like you see in this photo:
jaw_type_coupling.png

Or slip a hose clamp over the union/joint of the lovejoy tighten up the clamp, tighten the pump bolts, and then remove clamp.

Also check your pump mount and motor mount bolts. They will work loose, so it's a good idea to take out one bolt at a time, loctite them, and put it back on. KD
Great idea!:rock:

First thing I did this morning was to build the table, it's awesome not having the big splits fall down everytime!
I never did get to the lovejoy connection, was too busy with other things today. Maybe this weekend I can bring it in the heated shop and look it over.
I can take some pics of my table if anyone is interested. I did make it removable but we split some in the vert mode today and it's fine. I'm debating if I need one on the drivers side or not.

Latest posts

Back