Not running - Huskee 22 Ton Logsplitter help!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Please elaborate on the whole flywheel thing in detail ?
I pulled the cord to start it and felt it not “catch” correctly. When I pulled the starter recoil off, one of the plastic pieces which “catches” the nut to spin the flywheel had come off. A part of the plastic “tower” it sits on had broken off. So replaced that recoil starter with a new one.

I pulled the cord to start it and felt it not “catch” correctly. When I pulled the starter recoil off, one of the plastic pieces which “catches” the nut to spin the flywheel had come off. A part of the plastic “tower” it sits on had broken off. So replaced that recoil starter with a new one.
Ignore my previous post. Wish we could delete!! Ugh!

My logsplitter was running up until this past spring. Then it would start and then stall. Couldn’t get it to run. So I checked and cleaned the carb, checked the fuel line, air filter, checked gas tank for gunk (cleaned that as well), changed the oil, changed the spark plug. Wasn’t getting enough compression, so I checked the piston, rings, cylinder, valves and push rods, rocker arms. Checked armature & coil, timing and oil slinger, replaced all gaskets. Everything else looked good. First pull the flywheel broke. Bought and installed a new one.
Theoretically, it should start. Tried starting fluid, and the most I could get was one backfire, and another time a couple of “pops”. I didn’t try to start it in between the things I checked/worked on. Any suggestions on what to check next?
From the above post, it appears that you completely disassembled the engine. A lot of work.
Quote "Wasn’t getting enough compression, so I checked the piston, rings, cylinder, valves and push rods, rocker arms. Checked armature & coil, timing and oil slinger, replaced all gaskets. Everything else looked good." Unquote
If it were mine, I would replace the engine with a new one. Not a used one. The only thing you need to be certain of is the crankshaft length, diameter, straight or tapered. They make all different types of the 675 for different applications. Would beat spending $1000+ for a whole new splitter. JMHO

:cool: OT

My logsplitter was running up until this past spring. Then it would start and then stall. Couldn’t get it to run. So I checked and cleaned the carb, checked the fuel line, air filter, checked gas tank for gunk (cleaned that as well), changed the oil, changed the spark plug. Wasn’t getting enough compression, so I checked the piston, rings, cylinder, valves and push rods, rocker arms. Checked armature & coil, timing and oil slinger, replaced all gaskets. Everything else looked good. First pull the flywheel broke. Bought and installed a new one.
Theoretically, it should start. Tried starting fluid, and the most I could get was one backfire, and another time a couple of “pops”. I didn’t try to start it in between the things I checked/worked on. Any suggestions on what to check next?
make sure the gap at the coil is 10 thousandths on both ears when the magnet on the flywheel is aligned - a paper business card works well

Ot sure that engine has a low oil shut down, it's a vertical, and I'm not up on them, almost all the newr horizontal do?
Not sure about the clones, the Honda horizontals all had them on the ones I've had/have.
Maybe I've missed it, but have you checked the low oil sensor as @Aknutter suggested?
I had one act up on a pressure washer that had the correct oil level. Bypassed it and ran fine.
I had that on a 5.5 Honda dual tank air compressor, bypassed it and we were off to the races. That thing was a beast, two pulls and it was running even in the dead of winter.

Latest posts

Back