New to me PM610

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danno

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm a Mac fan, so debated for about a second before buying this saw. This is seen by many as either the beginning of the end, or just another saw in that transition from the old heavy all metal saws to complete plastic junk from McCulloch. I know there are a few that like theirs, but seems like I run more across people who poo poo it. This saw is heavy, but has its fair share of plastic. I think it seems to be fairly well built when compared to newer saws. Weighs a ton dry, then I swear it took half a gallon of mix and another half a gallon of B&C oil, so weighs even more with all the fluids and Bar/Chain.

Short version? Love it. Think I might use it as my primary for a while. Runs like a champ, maybe needs a slight tune to my 50:1 mix, but otherwise pulls the 20" that came with it quite well.
B635F6C0-81F6-4679-A688-CBF417C1E357-5037-000005A4694E546C.jpg

http://youtu.be/oB3JARdFRvI

hopefully that youtube link comes through, I'm at work and they block it.
It shows first cut letting saw pull through on its own, second cut pushing on it. You can see the chain really slacked up, so I had to tighten it before I did more cutting.

Last edited:
This sucker is clean. Looks hardly used! The AV system is pretty danged good, too. I was impressed.

Latest posts

Back