New to me saw on the way!! 394 xp, dolmars and stihls are gone mostly!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mowoodchopper

Polar Bear
Reaction score
Well got a saw on the way, sweet 394xp from a AS member. Saw has been gone thru and is in exc condition. Cant wait to get this saw so I had to start a thread to talk about it. My saw line up has evolved quite alot over the last few yrs. I used to run mainly dolmar, still like dolmars they just didnt seem to fit into my needs so much so they are all gone. Down to 1 stihl which is my ported 026, my favorite stihl ever. First saw I bought was a husky 61 and I have ended up with a mostly husky fleet again. For my bucket saw Im running a 357 shinny, great little saw a little heavy but does the job fine. For small ground saws Im running, 026, ported 2150, 346xp. For medium saws running a 357xp, and a 372xpw. For big saws it will be solo 694 ported, still new so Its not used alot, and the 394XP I just bought. I sold my 084, loved the power of that saw but it was just to dang heavy, couldnt use it to fell with because it was so heavy It was to hard to get a good face and back cut lined up. I may miss the old girl, but the 394 will do what I need to , maybe not as easy on big 4ft trees but , take my time and dont push it , itll do fine and alot easier on my back. I had a choice of a 395 and I am sure some will say I should have gone with the newer saw. But I did a bit of reading and the 394 is what I wanted so its on the way!

here ya go!!:hmm3grin2orange:
045.jpg

I think you can pull pics from the bucket as its set up as public albums, I just figured you needed some proof for the heathens:rock::D

My guess is it's the name of the place where they are made not the brand which is spelled differently.

I run a tree service too. I have a 394 and a 395 for pulling our 3 ft bars.

Been wanting to muffler mod my 394 so I can go up to a 40" bar and still have power.

Nice buy... I looked at that saw in the classifieds :) You will love it. Go RW bar.
p.s. - our lineup is 200T, 026(woodsport), 359(masterminded), 372, 440. 395.

I hope it gets there alright...I packed it really well, put in 3 or 4 cardboard toilet paper centers and a handful of used Q-Tips:hmm3grin2orange:

Latest posts

Back