New to me Stihl's

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wowzer

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
IMG_0206.JPG IMG_0207.JPG Got 3 new kijiji finds only used 2 of them today.

First ones an 026 with a 20" bar, first impressions I was skeptical on it pulling a 20" bar, although it is nice while doing these tops, not having to bend down that far. I put her in one 16"-18" ash and she didn't like that one bit. Good plus for some reason or maybe just my 250 guzzles gas this thing just sips it, it's kinda nice.

2nd one MS200 rear handle, this thing is awsome has a 16" bar on it. I was thinking it should have a 14" but I like how it balances although I was thrown off because this thing feels like a good 5lb heavier than my new 193. And again this thing just sips fuel.

3rd one MS 193 rear handle, bought this because I have a problem thanks to everyone here. Hoping to try it out tomorrow.

Here's a couple pics. The 193 is still in the case.

Gotta love kijiji. Ya got a good find there

Sent from my SM-J320W8 using Tapatalk

Wowzer, I'm an auction guy. I've never bought a saw off kijiji. A new 170 at the sale in Mitchell today sold for over $300 then buyers fee an taxes. Ouch. I have a sale in Elmira on Thursday and then Breslau on Saturday. Usually end up with a trailer full at each sale. I haven't even started any of the last 6 saws I have bought yet. I need to stay away from saws.

Yeah, you gotta be quick though on them. Cantoo seems to grab em up like hot cakes haha

Where about are you from merc_man?
Im west of london in glencoe.

Where abouts you?

merc_man, not sure if you are looking or not but good auction coming up and not too far from you. Log grapple, couple of splitters and some saws. Likely has other wood stuff too. April 08th Howard and Judy Daniel, the Auctioneer is Murray McLean.
http://www.theauctionadvertiser.com/cgi-bin/nslsearcx.pl?s1=20170408
Thats about 2 hours. Would like to check it out but busy that weekend. We have a auction in town here the following weekend. Hoping to find some good stuff there. Last year ther was a red handle 026 but i heard the other guy say he was gonna keep bidding till he got it. So i ran him up over 100 then bailed lol. Still a cheap saw at that price.

Just went back to look at that link again. Didnt realize thsr was more then one auction. That one is lose to me.

Wowzer, I'm an auction guy. I've never bought a saw off kijiji. A new 170 at the sale in Mitchell today sold for over $300 then buyers fee an taxes. Ouch. I have a sale in Elmira on Thursday and then Breslau on Saturday. Usually end up with a trailer full at each sale. I haven't even started any of the last 6 saws I have bought yet. I need to stay away from saws.

Buy and collect or you buy and resell?

I could never do auctions I would need a transport to bring the stuff home

merc_man, if you go to the "Auction Advertiser" site it lists auction by date and by auctioneer. You can also search using whatever words you want like stihl, Wallenstein etc. I follow around the auctioneers that I like, it's bad enough that some call and email me to make sure I'm going.
Wowzer, I only buy stuff that I can sell to make money ( that's what I tell my wife) it's just that some of the stuff takes 40 years to sell. When I take people to an auction I suggest they don't even get a number the 1st time. Just watch and learn. Yesterday a guy bid on a Kubota side x side and a coverall type building, 15 minutes later he realized that he had no money. Auctioneer puts the items back up but they sold for $2600 less and the guy had to pay that and got nothing. Hard to believe someone could be that stupid but I bet his old lady laid the law down and said No. He should have paid for them and resold them to get his money back, both were decent deals.
This is an old picture but it gives you an idea of my fence line of treasures. We've hauled several loads of scrap away and it's been replaced with new treasures. I haven't used this trailer in awhile.
IMG-20120506-00894.jpg IMG-20120506-00897.jpg IMG_20151005_164544.jpg

Well that's just not good haha yeah I can see how people get caught up in the moment I was at the Rona closing auction up in Owen sound a year or 2 back and things where going for almost retail by the time the buyers fee came into play but they had so many people there wanting the deals it all played into it I think.

What side of tower line side road is your place towards the lake or inland more to halls hills?

There is talk of a Stihl dealership that might be closing down and the guy was a pack rat I am told. Quite a few vintage saws in his collection 070 090 some 2100's and dozens and dozens of project saws. IF it happens I will shoot you all a message.

There is talk of a Stihl dealership that might be closing down and the guy was a pack rat I am told. Quite a few vintage saws in his collection 070 090 some 2100's and dozens and dozens of project saws. IF it happens I will shoot you all a message.

You will have to let us know I missed the one that closed down around here(Albrects)He had a barn full of part saws, I was told he sold them in lots by model numbers. I can only imagine how many boxes of saws went outa that place

You will have to let us know I missed the one that closed down around here(Albrects)He had a barn full of part saws, I was told he sold them in lots by model numbers. I can only imagine how many boxes of saws went outa that place
Not to worry if it closes down I will post it. I have had customers come in and ask me if they are still open.. seems the open up when they feel the urge.

Back