new to site, chainsaw reviews

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou guys. I just didn't want to use it initially because I can trade it in as a new saw rather than a used one if it's a lousy saw. Many seem to think it's a dud compared to the 372...

Thankyou guys. I just didn't want to use it initially because I can trade it in as a new saw rather than a used one if it's a lousy saw. Many seem to think it's a dud compared to the 372...

Last report Spike gave the 575 was from a logger customer of his. This customer told Spike the 575 would spank a 372, was easier on fuel and so on. Apparently he liked the saw so there ya have it, you gotta use it , thats the way to see if ya like it...

Take Thall's advise and try it out. The comments that we get on the 575XP are that they are a bit cold hearted and require a warm up but have got a lot more lower end torque than the 372XP. Try it for yourself and let us know what you think after 10 tanks of gas or so. Husqvarna has got the "Crown Commitment" that will exchange your saw within 15 days for something more suitable if you don't like it, so what do you have to lose?

Last edited:
I have had it longer than 15 days, just haven't had a chance to use it yet, been very busy with other things.

I just hope it won't bog down on the big oak I occasionaly run into...hope it has the grunt...

My father has an old dayton, based off a poulan, it's a 4.5 cubic inch with a 20" bar. Do you guys think the 575xp will run with it?

575=boat anchor

the 575 is heavier and slower than the 372 it is supposed to replace. my dealer said it had more tourqe than my 372's, so i bought one, POS! for another 90 bucks and a half a pound more i should have bought another 385. the ms 460 is 76 cc's and will smoke that 575. thats the last huskie i'll buy.

Wow, good to know...maybe I should trade up for a 460 or a Dolmar 7900?

I see your still debating on whether to trade it without ever running it. Now that tells me you've been listening to too many opinions and got yourself all in a bind now. Let me help you out. I assume you have the bar and chain on that saw, if not, put it on. Then heres what you do.

Look it over, like the looks, yes or no
Pick it up, not too heavy for you, yes its not or no it is
Pull the air cover, was it easy, yes or no
Bar and chain go on easy, yes or no
Pull the choke, smooth, yes or no
Adjust the chain, was it easy, yes or no
Pull the trigger, nice and smooth, yes or no
Like the on/off switch,controls, yes or no
Now pick it up and get a good feel of the whole saw, seem ok, yes or no
Reach out with it, can you, yes or no
Finally grip it, flex your arms, feel ok to you, yes or no

If you have answered no to any one of those questions then don't start it because you will always have that same fault you answered no to the whole time you have the saw, its not going to change.

If you answered yes to all those questions go start that dayumm saw!!!

Thankyou Thall for taking the time to respond in thorough detail. I hear you on the saw thing...I am sure the controls/comfort are fine, I just don't want a dog i.e. lack of sack on the big oaks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back