new toy ;o)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captain dangers

partner 1633B (skil) chainsaw
Reaction score
hi guy's I havnt been on for a while due to other commitments so I thought I would share my unboxing of a new toy ;o) its an old Partner R517 chainsaw , cant wait to get it looked at as it was bought as a non runner, with excellent compression and 20 inch bar and chain. so I'm hoping a new fuel line, filter and carb kit may do the trick ? dosnt appear to have done much work a bit of paint flake, but know obvious worn paint work. wish me luckpartner R517 chainsaw 001.JPG partner R517 chainsaw 001.JPG partner R517 chainsaw 003.JPG partner R517 chainsaw 004.JPG partner R517 chainsaw 005.JPG partner R517 chainsaw 006.JPG k . captain dangerous

she's
They were a reasonable saw in their day today's problem is parts are straying into the "rocking horse poo territory "
a runner ;o) all it needed was the flywheel air gap setting properly and the carb leaning out, I also fitted a new pull cord and she's starting and running like a new one ;o) video coming soon/still uploading. as far as spares go, as far as I'm aware a lot of Partner parts are interchangeable and were used as standard on many other saws, I would imagine nearly all parts are the same as a Partner p500 and looking at the cylinder you could probably fit an old k650 pot on there to bump up the cc ? ignition coils are the same, this particular saw still has its separate trigger module in the rear handle which I know for a fact can be changed for a universal SIG type trigger, as I fitted one a couple of years ago to an old P500. I'm really pleased with this buy £30.00 sterling inclusive of delivery ;o)

The last one I worked on the Spares from some of the R range were interchangeable but the dealer said very little from the P range fitted as it had no chain brake & saws without a chain brake are difficult to sell ( very limited enthusiasts market ) I took him at his word & parted with it But a runner for 30 quid you did good I purchased a box of bits with some of the cash 20 euros & when I sorted it out Ive been able to build 4 complete variations on the Oympic /Oeo Mac 244F & have 2, 14" & 1,16" spare bars 2 new & around 10 spare chains 3 of which are Stihl 63ps Have you modded the muffler? & fitted a deflector to save the wood you're cutting catching fire That really woke up the one I had

The last one I worked on the Spares from some of the R range were interchangeable but the dealer said very little from the P range fitted as it had no chain brake & saws without a chain brake are difficult to sell ( very limited enthusiasts market ) I took him at his word & parted with it But a runner for 30 quid you did good I purchased a box of bits with some of the cash 20 euros & when I sorted it out Ive been able to build 4 complete variations on the Oympic /Oeo Mac 244F & have 2, 14" & 1,16" spare bars 2 new & around 10 spare chains 3 of which are Stihl 63ps Have you modded the muffler? & fitted a deflector to save the wood you're cutting catching fire That really woke up the one I had
The chain brake off a p500 will fit an r series as I had a r16 with one fitted to it ;O)

The last one I worked on the Spares from some of the R range were interchangeable but the dealer said very little from the P range fitted as it had no chain brake & saws without a chain brake are difficult to sell ( very limited enthusiasts market ) I took him at his word & parted with it But a runner for 30 quid you did good I purchased a box of bits with some of the cash 20 euros & when I sorted it out Ive been able to build 4 complete variations on the Oympic /Oeo Mac 244F & have 2, 14" & 1,16" spare bars 2 new & around 10 spare chains 3 of which are Stihl 63ps Have you nodded the muffler? & fitted a deflector to save the wood you're cutting catching fire That really woke up the one I had

the chainsaw only arrived this morning and it all appears stock standard, I don't have any wood cut , I just like old saws, I work in mental health this is a hobby ;o) I worked in the woods years ago but haven't cut a tree in anger in 17 years now . I do like the old oleo-macs I have had two 0r three in recenyt years 254, and 264 ? and I also hade a 264 which was branded as a mountfield 2264 I believe? I do have a couple of old alpine 70 chainsaws as well as the pro-55 , which were very nice saws with tons of compression, a lot like a mac 10-10 design but totally different in every respect.

the chainsaw only arrived this morning and it all appears stock standard, I don't have any wood cut , I just like old saws, I work in mental health this is a hobby ;o) I worked in the woods years ago but haven't cut a tree in anger in 17 years now . I do like the old oleo-macs I have had two 0r three in recenyt years 254, and 264 ? and I also hade a 264 which was branded as a mountfield 2264 I believe? I do have a couple of old alpine 70 chainsaws as well as the pro-55 , which were very nice saws with tons of compression, a lot like a mac 10-10 design but totally different in every respect.

Ah another Alpina fan I have a Prof 55, prof65 a 90 & a 120S also have Castor 70 My retirement job is equipment servicing for a prof logging company

Back