New trailer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Golf course next to work took down 5 hickory, 2 massive beech, a red oak, couple cherry, 2 dogwood and a bunch of tulip poplar. The only way to access it is from our property or drive across the course. Talked to the head grounds guy and he confirmed it's all MINE! Now to find more hours in my day... o_O

Nice trailer and nice wood score! Just watch the paint or powder coat on that trailer, my brother bought one new a few years ago and the finish came off it in chunks. It's been reliable as anything though, he did have to put brakes on it once because he drove it with the break away switch unplugged.

I also talked to a guy that said my spreader gate ears will bend if I dump on it to much! Just have to make sure I can take it off before doing the dump.

Golf course next to work took down 5 hickory, 2 massive beech, a red oak, couple cherry, 2 dogwood and a bunch of tulip poplar. The only way to access it is from our property or drive across the course. Talked to the head grounds guy and he confirmed it's all MINE! Now to find more hours in my day... o_O
That is a definite "You Suck" right there.
Sounds like you'll be busy for a while cutting/splitting/stacking all that.
Post some pics of it all.

Very nice trailer and Hall of wood . I guess you need to be careful as those logs are very heavy and will quickly exceed your axle ratings. I'm not the trailer load rating police, but the last thing you want to do is damage your new trailer. The wheels appear to have 5 lugs which normally indicates a 3500 pound axle. I'm surprised that it doesn't have at least 5000 pound axles and preferably 7000 pound axles. Personally I would have those people load those logs with their loader in a couple chains have them set them in your trailer that way all you have to do is dump them at your property.
Be safe and smart working with all that wood.

Very nice trailer and Hall of wood . I guess you need to be careful as those logs are very heavy and will quickly exceed your axle ratings. I'm not the trailer load rating police, but the last thing you want to do is damage your new trailer. The wheels appear to have 5 lugs which normally indicates a 3500 pound axle. I'm surprised that it doesn't have at least 5000 pound axles and preferably 7000 pound axles. Personally I would have those people load those logs with their loader in a couple chains have them set them in your trailer that way all you have to do is dump them at your property.
Be safe and smart working with all that wood.

It should be fine, but I say that not knowing what the trailer, itself, weighs. That looks like a 9' trailer, maybe, and not full car-trailer width. I guess it doesn't weigh more than 5.5k, right there. I would guess that, even loaded with wet oak, it wouldn't be more than 7k on the axles. With 2'- 3" tall sides, even with wet oak, it's hard for me to get my 5x8 trailer to be more than 4k, and 3.5k on the axle.

IMAG1134-1.jpg

It should be fine, but I say that not knowing what the trailer, itself, weighs. That looks like a 9' trailer, maybe, and not full car-trailer width. I guess it doesn't weigh more than 5.5k, right there. I would guess that, even loaded with wet oak, it wouldn't be more than 7k on the axles. With 2'- 3" tall sides, even with wet oak, it's hard for me to get my 5x8 trailer to be more than 4k, and 3.5k on the axle.

View attachment 561612

Nice first gen Cummins!!!

Nice first gen Cummins!!!
Thanks! I bought that truck (1990 getrag, 4.10, with DMI hitch) with 100k on it, totally stock, for $2400. I ended up putting an add a leaf in the front and new spring packs in the rear, all new brakes and bearings, line-x, and put pretty much totally new floors in it. I kept it close to stock, but put a pyro in it and put like 3/4 turn on the full power screw, turned the stock fuel pin around, and like 1/2 turn on the smoke screw. That stuff made it at least now SLOW like it was stock. Put like 30k on it in the 2.5 years I had it, and sold it for $8k. Bought my '02 Chevy K2500HD ECLB 6.0 NV4500 135k mi. for $6500, which needed a tcase and brake lines, and haven't looked back. It's SOOO much better truck, all around! Higher GVW, way more stable towing, better frame, WAY better (hydroboost) brakes, abs, quiet, working air, rides much better (longer leaf springs rear, ifs front), way better seats, easier to work on, parts in stock and cheap everywhere, no messing with diesel additives, looking for truck stops to get dry/fresh diesel, and the list goes on and on and on...

Mike

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Great looking trailer, I see them around serving all manner of service folks. And a great find of hardwoods. With that much, I'd be tempted to become a little choosey. Just out of curiosity, when you split and stack it at your place will you segment your specie? I always do here, but maybe I am a little over the top. I like my stacks homogenized.

Latest posts

Back