New way to mix gas...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WildnCrazyGuy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Sorry, but had to pass this along. I stopped at the gas station tonight on the way home and the pump in front of me had like 4 guys in this little Suzuki (maybe) mini SUV. All four of them got out and if I added their ages together, I might not get to 30.

Well, the two in the back had this Husqvarna backpack blower and were proceeding to take off the gas cap as I got out of my car. The other two were working the pump. They proceeded to fill this thing until like .5 gallon spilled out and on the ground. Funny in itself. Straight from the gas pump to the blower...

I had to say something, so I was like, you need to make sure you mix that gas with some oil or it'll blow up. Two of them looked at me like I had a hole in the head. The one in charge, (filler upper dude), said he had some 2 cycle mix, he was ok, and actually thanked me politely.

Next thing as I'm getting gas into my car, I see another one come out of the station. He must have been the pockets of the "gang" to pay for the gas... They all pile in and drive over to the side of the lot, maybe 75 feet, all get back out, and proceed to try to crank it up. I don't know if it ever fired or not. Just went on my way. But the craziest thing I've seen in a while.

The best part was the wife was in my passenger seat and saw the whole thing and was like, you did tell them to put some oil in that didn't you? I'm so proud.

Hey, didnt know we lived so close.

LOL, just kidding. But honestly, it doesnt suprise me. You know it takes all kinds to make the world go round.

Why would they want to start that thing up in the parking lot? Sounds like it could be stolen.

That was my thought too. There is a pawn shop right across the street. I bet they were going to make sure it ran, then go pawn it, probably after they stole it... Sad.

But you never know, maybe they had just bought it from the pawn shop and wanted to test it out.

Either way, it was funny to see them pull up to the gas pump, get out and fill'er up straight from the pump. I guess that car was full of gas, they didn't even top it off. Paid for the 1/2 gallon they spilled and whatever goes in a backpack blower. Maybe 1/4 gallon??? They prolly put regular in it too... Still not sure how they got the mix right. You know, 50:1. Even if he did break open a bottle of mix, how do you guess that? :dizzy: Hehe.

should have waited!

AFter they cooked it, you walk over with $25.00, get a new P&C for it and you got something!:hmm3grin2orange:

Back