New wood hauler !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yep, had to buy a new wood hauler last week.
My son... my 5-year-old son, has been complaining about his not having enough load capacity or power. He also thinks the battery goes dead way too fast, won't last more than a couple hours. It was good enough for two years, but I guess he's about out-grown it...

attachment.php

So I got him a new wood hauling machine.
As you can see... it took him all of 5-minutes to find every mud hole on the property.
Man is he an excited little guy... and he's all over me to build the hitch so he pull the lawn utility trailer loaded with firewood.
(If I play this right, I may never have to haul another stick out'a the woodlot, L-O-L.)
His mom... my wife, is a bit nervous though... see thinks 5-years is a little young for gasoline powered equipment that travels at speed.
But hey... I also bought him a helmet, and throttle is adjustable... I mean, I am a parent after all.

attachment.php

attachment.php

His mom... my wife, is a bit nervous though... see thinks 5-years is a little young for gasoline powered equipment that travels at speed.
But hey... I also bought him a helmet, and throttle is adjustable... I mean, I am a parent after all.

In this case Mom is right, there is a big difference between being a parent and being a RESPONSIBLE parent. Using common sense and allowing children to progress to activities that they are mentally and physically capable of handling is appropriate, thinking that a 5 year old is able to make split second decisions that could result in life or death is foolhardy.

Apparently there was not a lesson learned from this...

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/182068.htm

Does it come with a remote kill button? A buddy of mine built a 4 wheeler for his 5yo and installed a remote kill button so he could kill it as needed...

John

Cool little machine, Kymco? Its great to start them young, helps them sharpen up their skills and before you know it theyll be outriding you lol. :msp_thumbup:

That's AWSOME!!!

i can't wait for my little guy to be old enough for one of those.. I'm thinking of getting Power Wheels this summer for my daughter (3yrs old) I can't wait..

looks like you have alot of fun times ahead.. I friend of mine had one for his daugtther and it had a remote shut off,, does yours?

Congrats...my daughter has rode one since she was 3 started on a 50cc machine with tether kill switch. She just turned 7 this month and has moved to a 90cc machine (her sisters) and wants to race this year.

TJ-Bill...I skipped the hot wheels thing with my youngest, my youngest started on a 50 at 3...most of the 1st year she either had her mother or I on the back of it with her or me holding the tether kill switch as she drove it. Oldest daughter started riding at 7 and now at 12 is riding a small 250. Both kids riding Kymco's and I couldn't be happier with how responsible they are when on the machines. They also never ride alone only with their mother or myself on our 30 acres, or on Drummond Island where you see the pictures are from.

Spidey what brand did ya get the young fella? He is going to absolutely love it. I've been extremely happy with the Kymco's my girls ride.

Yep, had to buy a new wood hauler last week.
My son... my 5-year-old son, has been complaining about his not having enough load capacity or power. He also thinks the battery goes dead way too fast, won't last more than a couple hours. It was good enough for two years, but I guess he's about out-grown it...

attachment.php

So I got him a new wood hauling machine.
As you can see... it took him all of 5-minutes to find every mud hole on the property.
Man is he an excited little guy... and he's all over me to build the hitch so he pull the lawn utility trailer loaded with firewood.
(If I play this right, I may never have to haul another stick out'a the woodlot, L-O-L.)

attachment.php

attachment.php

Congrats on getting your lil guy the quad there. Chances are good that if he's able to find a way to haul wood with it, he'll do ALL of the hauling just so he can get more saddle time!

This one is a Tao Tao, 110cc... it has the remote kill, the manual tether and the throttle is adjustable down to approximately 5 MPH (where I have it set now).
He had an absolute blast today once the sun came out, couldn't keep him off it... there ain't a mud puddle without tracks entering/exiting it.
And yeah, it's hard for him to sleep, or anything else for that matter, 'cause mom won't let him ride unless dad is home to supervise.

In this case Mom is right, there is a big difference between being a parent and being a RESPONSIBLE parent. Using common sense and allowing children to progress to activities that they are mentally and physically capable of handling is appropriate, thinking that a 5 year old is able to make split second decisions that could result in life or death is foolhardy.

Apparently there was not a lesson learned from this...

http://www.arboristsite.com/firewood-heating-wood-burning-equipment/182068.htm
Quite opinionated for someone who's never met my son... let alone know anything about his mental or physical capabilities. You talk like I'm just gonna' hand him the keys and let him run wild...
You have no standing to call into question my parental "responsibility".
And by-the-way, "mom" helped me pick out the color... I never said she was against it, I said she's just a bit nervous.

Cripes, I was riding motorized two-wheelers before I was 5... I survived!

Ya' see Guido, I actually do let my son "progress to activities" he is "mentally and physically capable of handling". The difference between me and many other parents, I do that by not holding him back !!

Good Lord man, I'm 55, this is my third child... the other two are alive and well. One is getting married this year, the other is attending her first prom tonight. I ain't a rookie at this crap.

Last edited:
Hopefully it's got bias ply tires.

L-O-L Well, I haven't checked...
But in keeping with who and what I am, I have de-EPA-ed the carburetor... L-O-L
I removed the carb and drilled out the plug covering the idle-air adjustment, reset the float level, pulled out the slide and shimmed the needle up a bit... runs really good now that it's been "enriched" a bit. I don't understand how anything can be made to run at all when set EPA lean.

Very nice Spidey, My boys have quads too although they are older now they sure learned quick once they got them...
Oh and everything they have ever owned that they could pedal push or drag has had a trailer hitch on it, so get one for that baby soon and set up a course where he has to back it up.....

Im all for atving starting at a young age. its a life long hobby and will bring years of joy. Its a great family activity that everyone can do, and it gets kids out and about, whats better than that? Limited and remote kills when young and until they learn. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Back