New wood stove I built! What ya think?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
excellent job and obviously well thought out.

nothing beats something hand made and designed yourself.

i like the tray in the front and i like the air ports on the sides.

I take it you can open up the air flow and burn them coals right down?, unlike the current epa's that drive us a bit crazy in that respect. Great looking stove. What is it's cruising temp ? How long do your secondaries last?

Really nice stove, I have a Vogelsang box stove. Too much open space under the door. Ya can't shut it down enough, stays waaay too hot. The only thing I like about it is , if the power goes out we can cook on it. What is secondary burn and how does that work?

Really nice stove, I have a Vogelsang box stove. Too much open space under the door. Ya can't shut it down enough, stays waaay too hot. The only thing I like about it is , if the power goes out we can cook on it. What is secondary burn and how does that work?

Your right the space under the door was way too big on mine also, I took the tray lid to work and built that lip that sits under the door, up almost 3/8 of an inch with the tig and some silicon bronze.

Secondary burn is when you introduce oxygen rich preheated air at the top of the fire to burn off more of the gases and smoke. (raising the effeciency of the stove) If Im not wrong I believe these to burn alot hotter to the tune of like 1200 degrees. Think I read that somewhere?

Rick

Pics

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Very nice! I know the kind of time it takes to build things and I appreciate your work on this one.

Latest posts

Back